Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my watch obsession has lead me to a SPORK obsession, of course there is no where to buy one find one etc. So, I was wondering if there are any suggestions on a spork build. I have a busted SKX and some parts on order from Dagaz. But I was thinking of a "better" build. Maybe a 6r15 internal. or just start with a BFK? Any suggestions? or anyone want to sell me their SPORK.....
Seiko are you listening.... it's been talked about before....
less likely then me winning the lottery
Grrr

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
You should put an alert on Watchrecon for one. I see there was one for sale in October, November and 2 in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
You could do a mod. But its definitely not the same. I still have my SPORK and had ordered and promptly returned an SKX007. The case on the SKX007 is puny compared to the SPORK.

I think if you wait and search for a deal on one. You will be much happier.

Good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you're right, right now I'm looking at glycine combat subs and sinn . Will have to keep eyes on WRecon and etc for someone who might be will to part with the SPORK

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Um thanks I think,it's in German and my German is well non-existent, that being said I'm going to try google translate and see what I can find out, the seller wants 520 euro I think

·
Registered
99 Posts
Um thanks I think,it's in German and my German is well non-existent, that being said I'm going to try google translate and see what I can find out, the seller wants 520 euro I think
"Such a small price update 520 € , underneath I'll never go I "

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
He offers the watch with full kit and papers, it was bought in 2015 and still under warranty. He describes the watch as in good condition, with scratch free crystal but bracelet with unavoidable swirls. The lume is very good. The trading value is 600 EUR, his bottom sale price is 520 EUR but he prefers a trade and is willing to negotiate about the differences either up or down.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
520 Euro?!

As much as I love my SPORK and I'll never sell it. IMHO it's definitely not worth $560 USD, when you take into consideration what you can buy with that same $560. Namely any microbrand with a higher beat 9015 movement and sapphire crystal.

Yeh, I get it's discontinued and hard to come by and if you are just collecting to complete your collection then the price is what it is. But based on it specs: 4r15 movement with no hacking or handwinding and hardlex crystal and standard Seiko aluminum bezel insert, just not worth it IMHO.

Heck, I have a Karskrona Baltic Shield incoming that I paid $325 for and that one has a Seiko handwinding/hacking movement, lumed ceramic bezel, and sapphire crystal.

At the $240 price I paid at the time was reasonable. $520 way too much.

The irony about the SPORK was when it was readily available, everyone on the forums was saying how ugly it was with the min markers being repeated on both the chapter ring and bezel insert. And also for it being a SINN homage. Now after it's demise, it's become a much sought after Seiko model.

So glad I bought mine when I did.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
520 Euro?!

As much as I love my SPORK and I'll never sell it. IMHO it's definitely not worth $560 USD, when you take into consideration what you can buy with that same $560. Namely any microbrand with a higher beat 9015 movement and sapphire crystal.

Yeh, I get it's discontinued and hard to come by and if you are just collecting to complete your collection then the price is what it is. But based on it specs: 4r15 movement with no hacking or handwinding and hardlex crystal and standard Seiko aluminum bezel insert, just not worth it IMHO.

Heck, I have a Karskrona Baltic Shield incoming that I paid $325 for and that one has a Seiko handwinding/hacking movement, lumed ceramic bezel, and sapphire crystal.

At the $240 price I paid at the time was reasonable. $520 way too much.

The irony about the SPORK was when it was readily available, everyone on the forums was saying how ugly it was with the min markers being repeated on both the chapter ring and bezel insert. And also for it being a SINN homage. Now after it's demise, it's become a much sought after Seiko model.

So glad I bought mine when I did.
I did a quick search on eBay and there are a lot of after market bezels and (domed) crystals for that watch available. So there must be some appeal. I also have the Baltic Shield incoming, he will start shipping on 25 January (I hope).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's not a bad idea, I'd get a great movement and a size that's better for me than the skx

·
Registered
943 Posts
I had several Seiko SRP043 (or Spork), they are great watches but the prices that are being asked today are out the roof.

You could get the dial and hands but unfortunately the original case has the crown exactly at 4 o'clock and so the dial would be a little crooked on the SKX case since the crown on that is at 3:45 o'clock, more or less.

Short of buying one or using Dagaz or Yobokies parts for that, you could get a SRP441 which is similar in design. These are actually nice watches although different from the original Spork.

What I did, to keep the diver look, was to take the hands and dial from the SRP441 and hands from the SNZH55 (because the dial markers have chrome frames) and installed them on a SKX007. Result?

Below:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is an awesome build, I've got an extra SKX so I would just have to source the parts from the SRP and SNZH, thanks for another option, my wife is gonna kill me with more watch stuff coming to the house. I just pulled trigger last week on a C60 trident... Guess it's time to thin the herd a lil.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. I actually ended up buying a whole SRP441 to use the dial for the project... it was worth doing though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts