Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any local watchmaker repair ETA 2824-2 movement?

I am asking this question because if my watch breaks down, I don't need to send it to maker far away.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Can any local watchmaker repair ETA 2824-2 movement?

I am asking this question because if my watch breaks down, I don't need to send it to maker far away.

Probably. The ETA2824-2 is an extremely common movement used in tons of watches, and most watchmakers learn a lot of their craft working on them. Also, parts are abundant due to how common a movement it is.

That all being said, if your watch is under warranty, I would recommend sending it back to the manufacturer for service.
You may also find that there are some other highly competent watchmakers/repairers all over that you could send it to if you want to avoid sending your watch overseas. I am a big fan of Jack at IWW for example, and use him for my services and repairs when they come up.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The word "any" got me. Answer is no.

Get a competent professional, not a mall mechanic per se.

Some Eta movements are top shelf 2824 and really need proper service
Some have upgraded springs and such... Example could be Breitling
Which used them as did many others

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
It's a movement that's been around for a long time, with an abundant of spare parts floating around out there, so if they can't fix it, then I wouldn't classify them as a watch repairer.

Reactions: ganson

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
It's a movement that's been around for a long time, with an abundant of spare parts floating around out there, so if they can't fix it, then I wouldn't classify them as a watch repairer.
Yeah, this.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Yes. If the watchmaker can't fix an ETA 2824 then
They need to change profession :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts