Watch Freeks banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Adding more info to my Tuna reference, and I need to crowd source some help.

Seiko Tuna models featured a number of rubber straps over the years, and while many look like the classic Z-22 style we have all seen, they are all different.

For example, my SBBN007 came with a strap that while looks identical to the Z-22, it is marked DAL0AZ and made of a slightly softer material than the standard Z-22. My old SBBN011 Darth tuna had a DFL3EB which was nearly identical, but had a metal keeper instead of a rubber one. The buckles on the Tuna models are also different on many of them.

So, what I am asking is if you have a Tuna, and the original straps for them, please have a look at the back and let me know what code you find and what Tuna it belonged to. I especially need it for the vintage models, any special/limited editions, and the recently released models that are floating around.

You can see what I already have here:
http://www.watchfreeks.com/23-seiko/182034-seiko-tuna-diver-reference.html

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer.

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, any one have one of the new 300m Tunas with the silicone strap? I need the model number off of those as well. Can't seem to find it listed on the internet yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.