Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does anyone get cabin fever ?...I have a severe case of it & I think it's only a matter of time before I turn into a raving lunatic...And we are only in February, the month that seems to last 8 wks.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Normally I don't get cabin fever but the last 2 surgeries I had I was laid up for about 6 weeks and I can tell ya, THAT drove me crazy! Under normal circumstances it's not a problem for me.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I usually hate the period between January 1st and Valentine's Day (about 6 weeks). This year has not been as bad. Seems as if there is more going on right now so the winter blahs have not taken over like they have in the past. Once spring comes and baseball season arrives I usually get a pick-me-up. This year we also have the Olympics to entertain us. Go USA!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Every Damned Winter!!!

somehow the period from MLK B-Day (mid Jan) and April 1st seems to take a lifetime

i get very weird & edgy and introverted -it's scary!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Not really!

I get a bit tired of the rain here in the Wet state, but aside of that No. I am generally on the move somewhere in the country or outside of it during the winter months for work anyways.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Nope... aside from a little rain now and then here in lower cali it's usually in the high 70's and SUNNY...:t

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Cabin Fever, Me?

No, never, there's always important things to do.

As a matter of fact, right now I'm doing things to make the dog bark.

"What's that?"........................Woof.

"Look!"...................................Woof.

"Listen, did you hear something?"........................Woof, Woof.

"Squirrel!!!".......................................Woof, Woof, Grrrrrrrr. Woof.

See, there's always something to do.

(please disregard this post as I've clearly gone insane.)

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

I've got it right now.The weather finally broke and I got out last night and toured the city.Something calming about driving late at night with no traffic and the hum of a great engine.I'm about ready for track days.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I guess this isn't a question for a So Caler. Duchess, you have the mentality and enthusiasm of a west coaster. You should give it a try out here. You would absolutely love it!

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

Out of respect for my freek family stuck in winter, no comment

:t:t

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

I want to smell fresh cut grass...dinner smouldering on the grill
...the scent of chlorine from the pool wafting in the air...I want to smell summer, damnit.

We are expecting a nor'easter this weekend. :WW

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Linda & I are in the Philadelphia area visiting my Mom who is ill. We have been hold up in a one room hotel room for three weeks going into four. We were gonna go home today, but Linda and "Mom" convinced me otherwise. Can't argue with the two women I love most in this world, but "cabin fever"??

Man do I miss having some room to move and some privacy to boot!!!

Funny thing though. When we had a "getaway" log cabin in Red River, New Mexico (little 800 sq. ft. place... the real deal), it was our favorite place to be in the world. Plenty of snow and just the three of us, Elk, Mountain Lion, Bear and whatever else was out in those mountains. That "cabin fever" was our "Best of Times."

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Linda & I are in the Philadelphia area visiting my Mom who is ill. We have been hold up in a one room hotel room for three weeks going into four. We were gonna go home today, but Linda and "Mom" convinced me otherwise. Can't argue with the two women I love most in this world, but "cabin fever"??

Funny thing though. When we had a "getaway" log cabin in Red River, New Mexico (little 800 sq. ft. place... the real deal), it was our favorite place to be in the world. Plenty of snow and just the three of us, Elk, Mountain Lion, Bear and whatever else was out in those mountains. That "cabin fever" was our "Best of Times."
You forgot Bigfoot...LOL he's lurking in them woods...hehehe

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
arnie11 wrote:

You forgot Bigfoot...LOL he's lurking in them woods...hehehe
Are you kiddin? Had him for a dinner guest on multiple occassions!!! :c

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

LMAO as a kid when we would go camping, my friend used to tell me that the moss hanging from the tree's was big foot hair...LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.