Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Burei lasted exactly one day, never wore it since I knew I was going to return it because of the poorly legible dial, the Green color was just too faded for these 74-year-old eyes. Nice watch, but it had some distinct flaws, the lug width was 21mm which made strap options difficult. It was only 50m WR no screw-down crown and the lume was dismal.

Sent the watch back via Kohls later this afternoon and ordered this one instead. Better movement, Seiko NH35, 200m WR with a screw-down crown, sapphire crystal, and it's $34 less in price. Burei had a nicer bracelet, but this one is going to be a strap monster with Barton quick changes.

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Well my Burei lasted exactly one day, never wore it since I knew I was going to return it because of the poorly legible dial, the Green color was just too faded for these 74-year-old eyes. Nice watch, but it had some distinct flaws, the lug width was 21mm which made strap options difficult. It was only 50m WR no screw-down crown and the lume was dismal.

Sent the watch back via Kohls later this afternoon and ordered this one instead. Better movement, Seiko NH35, 200m WR with a screw-down crown, sapphire crystal, and it's $34 less in price. Burei had a nicer bracelet, but this one is going to be a strap monster with Barton quick changes.

Barton rules... I need to thank you for turning me on to them... 😊 Check out my WRUW today. Glycine is wearing the Slate. I love them. Great for summertime when you don't want to wear leather.
Hope you have better luck with this watch...

·
Super Moderator
9,882 Posts
Oh man, I was just getting used to that Burei Chaz, and thought the
green was pretty nice honestly. 😮 But if it wasn't meant to be then
it wasn't meant to be. 🙂 This dial does look a little easier to read,
and it's hard to beat the blue with the two-tone !! ..Am hoping this
one ticks all the boxes for you. Big congrats here ahead of time to
you Chaz !!! 😀

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hit the lotto today, in a way! Did the Kohls Amazon return, mucho painless, no need to even box it up. Just take a picture of the return code on your smartphone and show it to them at the counter, the guy scans the code, puts the watch in a plastic bag and prints and gives you the return receipt. Then the guy hands me a 25% off receipt for store purchases, went and bought a couple of pairs of shorts and a shirt, and save $25.

When we got home a short time later a couple of Mexican roofers knock on our door and point out that they saw we had some broken and missing terracotta tiles from our roof, and they could fix that on the cheap. We knew we needed the roof repaired before the summer monsoons arrive, which will be shortly.

I figured if we called a roofing contractor it was going to cost me $1,500 to $2,000 and had been procrastinating on that move. The guy went up on the roof and inspected it and said there was one more cracked tile. They ended up spending about 2 hours, replaced about 7 tiles, and replaced rotted and cracked facia. They had just got done doing a roofing job on one of our Community Centers and used the matching leftover tile from that job for the replacements.

Normally if I lived in a regular community I wouldn't have even let these guys in the door, but since I live in a Gated Community I knew they had to have already been here on the legit for them to get past the gate guards.

Total repair bill, $125 labor and material. I gave them a $50 tip and still counted myself extremely lucky!

It was like hitting the mini-lotto day!

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Barton rules... I need to thank you for turning me on to them... 😊 Check out my WRUW today. Glycine is wearing the Slate. I love them. Great for summertime when you don't want to wear leather.
Hope you have better luck with this watch...
Great for the pool as well, never wear leather in the summer!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hit the lotto today, in a way! Did the Kohls Amazon return, mucho painless, no need to even box it up. Just take a picture of the return code on your smartphone and show it to them at the counter, the guy scans the code, puts the watch in a plastic bag and prints and gives you the return receipt. Then the guy hands me a 25% off receipt for store purchases, went and bought a couple of pairs of shorts and a shirt, and save $25.

When we got home a short time later a couple of Mexican roofers knock on our door and point out that they saw we had some broken and missing terracotta tiles from our roof, and they could fix that on the cheap. We knew we needed the roof repaired before the summer monsoons arrive, which will be shortly.

I figured if we called a roofing contractor it was going to cost me $1,500 to $2,000 and had been procrastinating on that move. The guy went up on the roof and inspected it and said there was one more cracked tile. They ended up spending about 2 hours, replaced about 7 tiles, and replaced rotted and cracked facia. They had just got done doing a roofing job on one of our Community Centers and used the matching leftover tile from that job for the replacements.

Normally if I lived in a regular community I wouldn't have even let these guys in the door, but since I live in a Gated Community I knew they had to have already been here on the legit for them to get past the gate guards.

Total repair bill, $125 labor and material. I gave them a $50 tip and still counted myself extremely lucky!

In the UK we call them PIkeys. I would check your valuables and make sure they haven't eaten your dog.

·
Super Moderator
9,882 Posts

Yeah, boy oh boy, insanely cool Chaz !!! 😎(y) You get some new clothes,
your roof worked on, and don't forget that new watch is almost at your door ! 😃
Man oh man, what could be next I wonder?! ..Such a neat story sir. Thanks
a lot for sharing it with us, and making us smile. Looking forward to seeing
the new Datejust down the road, and hearing what you think about that as
well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts