Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ever gotten loopy on cold medicine ?...I'm in that "place" now & prolly shouldn't be posting but, what the hell...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I rarely take that stuff, for that exact reason. Hate not knowing what I am doing, lol.

I did take a bunch of percs a few years back after a surgery and felt like I was floating...

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

LOL Duchess! I'm laughing because as I write this, Linda is asleep on the couch with the most severe head cold I've ever seen her get. She has taken mucho cold meds and is just flat "OUT" (after displaying some "buzzed" behavior I might add). Think right now she needs that buzz. Shew!! The "mutha" of all head colds!!!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I have a bad back so I have some really good meds for those times I need them. Much better then your average cold and flu OTC stuff. Before you ask, NO Sharing!

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

She said buzzed.

Does that involve something with batteries.

Try Vicodin, Jager-bombs and Niquil.

That ought to get you hummin' :b

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

You beat me to it Randy (not the first time! Warped and weird minds think alike. In the words of the inimitable Hunter S. Thompson "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro")

Remember Dutchess - "Buzzed posting" is "Advil cold and sinus posting!" (or something to that effect)

randyswagon wrote:
. . . I always assumed that half the posts made were PUI's . . . (posting under the influence) . . .

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

When I was a Sophmore at boarding school in CT, my frind and I felt like escaping from reality for a bit, so we pounded all of our cold medicine- one big bottle of NyQuil and one Robitussin DM. We were lit up like a Xmas tree for 2 hours, then passed out for about 10! The next morning, when we looked at the empty bottles, we both hurled! Ewww. Haven't been able to touch that stuff since, hehe.

Hope you feel better soon, Duchess!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

BIGtime wrote:
one big bottle of NyQuil
That's exactly what I was zoned out on...There's a reason they have NyQuil & DayQuil available...DAY would be the first clue that one can take it & function during daylight hours, I'll pay attention to that lil' fact if I ever use this product again.

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone, I'll be fine, it's just a miserable cold at a very inopportune time.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Last time I was sick was probably 2003 or 2004 I was drinking Orange Juice like a mad man and before Bed 3 shots of Nyquil and 3 shots of Vodka. It took 2 days of this and it was gone!

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Yeah, Duchess, but the DayQuil makes you wired! You can get a lot done on that stuff. I think it has ephedrine in it. I'd stick w/ the nightime stuff, so you can rest.

Ron- it sounds counterproductive, but the booze helps, for some. My grandfather used to bring me moonshine from VA; one shot of that and, before you can say, "Wow, I think I feel better and my head is clear", you're out cold! Sleep like a baby, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.