Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I ordered a video camera for a family member and it arrived today via FedEx.

How it was delivered was worth mentioning . . .

It arrived in a U-Haul rental truck with magnetic "FedEx" signs on it's door! :lol

How bizarre! :BE

Is the economy that bad????

I wish I had my camera at the time! :%:%

BTW: I almost forgot that the Stuhrling Tourbillon that I got 2 weeks ago arrived in the same truck set-up! :b

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

maybe they are just so busy that they need to rent out extra trucks??? could that be it?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
maybe they are just so busy that they need to rent out extra trucks??? could that be it?
I thought the same thing, until I realized that it was the same delivery truck set-up as 2 weeks ago (Sat after Thanksgiving).

I guess they could be swamped.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't be surprised if this was common around Christmas. It may be cheaper for them to rent a few extra trucks for a month every year than to buy a few new ones that will only get used one month out of the year.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Fed-Ex contracts to owner operators for delivery routs, this contractor may have had mechanical problems with his regular vehicle, or this contractor is renting a van until they can buy one, or like James noted, they might have had to hire temporary contractors for Holiday deliveries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.