Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, quick and dirty (some fuzz on watch) photos taken with my phone. Like the color, the shiny case not so much. Bracelet made in China is ok although I might consider mesh or tropic rubber strap as an alternative. Bracelet is generous .

Easy to read the dial as well. Cushion case lets it fit the wrist just fine. Comfortable and I guess I will have it sized and then wear it for a couple of days to see how I like it.

https://www.watchtime.com/featured/hell-of-a-comeback-reviewing-the-bulova-oceanographer-special-edition-devil-diver/

·
Super Moderator
9,711 Posts
Oh nice Alain, we really never get to see someone enjoying
one of these. :happy0065: :) Literally seems like the only time we
see them are on watch blogs, and sites. ..A giant congrats on
adding one to the collection !

The way Bulova got the whole feel of the watch right is just
astounding. Love the case, polishing, and all. Not to mention
those mesmerizing floating markers, and fantastic dial ! :eek:
The green is stunning, and even like the bracelet honestly.
Enjoy sir, and big congrats once more !!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Awhile ago, I began shopping for an original version of this watch. I believe the reissue has had an effect on the prices of the older ones driving them up rather substantially.
While I was looking, I also got a lot of info on the Oceanographer series in general. Didn't know that the fluted bezel version was a solid 10k gold ring that used to go head to head with Rolex along with their Super Seville back in the early seventies. Interesting stuff.
Anyway that was all to rich for my blood so I settled for half a Devil Diver. (N0) 1970 model. Sorry for the jack. It just seemed appropriate. :focus:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awhile ago, I began shopping for an original version of this watch. I believe the reissue has had an effect on the prices of the older ones driving them up rather substantially.
While I was looking, I also got a lot of info on the Oceanographer series in general. Didn't know that the fluted bezel version was a solid 10k gold ring that used to go head to head with Rolex along with their Super Seville back in the early seventies. Interesting stuff.
Anyway that was all to rich for my blood so I settled for half a Devil Diver. (N0) 1970 model. Sorry for the jack. It just seemed appropriate. :focus:

Nice looking watch and information I did not know. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Nice looking watch and information I did not know. Thanks.
Thank you... Runs great for a 50 year old. Thick gold plate too.
Nice looking threesome you have there. Ought to keep your wrist busy for a little while. :biggrin1:
Most people been buying that reissue in red. I think that green really pops. :eek:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Nice!

There's always been a soft spot for Bulova in my heart, This is on my to-do list, congrats on the pick up!:clapping-hands-abov

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
koimaster:
Good show acquiring the Bulova
In 70 years of owning and wearing watches (1949)
I've had the pleasure of owning 5 Bulovas. 1st was
the Bulova 214 the RR Grade wristie I wore on the
Rock Island RR as a locomotive engr.
Wore it 35 years. Now I own two 262 Khrtz models.

One gained 2 secs in 2019. The other 3 secs in 2019.
Wonder why they never lose time? I'm an accuracy
Freek. If you are gonna own a watch, why not own an
accurate watch?

Lou Snutt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts