Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Found the Bulova Lunar Pilot Commemorative on Amazon sub $300 this week. A beautiful watch, unfortunately, back it goes. Misaligned Chrono second hand. Waiting now for replacement.

Super Moderator
Very nice roybiv99 ! 馃榾 Let's hope that the new one is
perfect for you, and that everything works out next time.
It's such a beautiful watch, and for that price, it's a steal
too. 馃槷 Big congratulations to you ahead of time, and
welcome aboard as well !!!

Registered
Found the Bulova Lunar Pilot Commemorative on Amazon sub $300 this week. A beautiful watch, unfortunately, back it goes. Misaligned Chrono second hand. Waiting now for replacement.

View attachment 130094
Probably could have been fixed by pulling out the crown all the way, pushing both pushers at the same time. Waiting for the hand to circulate once, then hitting the top pusher until the hand is where you want it. Then pushing the crown back in. Happens all the time.

Registered
Very nice roybiv99 ! 馃榾 Let's hope that the new one is
perfect for you, and that everything works out next time.
It's such a beautiful watch, and for that price, it's a steal
too. 馃槷 Big congratulations to you ahead of time, and
welcome aboard as well !!!
I agree. A very nice piece. Welcome to the forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Probably could have been fixed by pulling out the crown all the way, pushing both pushers at the same time. Waiting for the hand to circulate once, then hitting the top pusher until the hand is where you want it. Then pushing the crown back in. Happens all the time.
Son-of-a-Gun - that worked. I will see if I can cancel the replacement. This is my first Bulova - I had no idea. I would have assumed all of that would have taken place at the factory for a brand new one. Thanks to both.

Registered
I've wanted one of those since I first saw them! Congrats and enjoy...

Reactions: roybiv99

Registered
Like mine

Registered
Like mine

I鈥檝e got the Bulova Moon Watch reissue too , I notice you have polished lugs and bezel area , I didn鈥檛 know they offered that option . Mine all have a satin finish .

Registered
Model number 96A225 which came out in 2019. I also have the my original date one which is from 2015 or 2016

The polished version came with a NATO strap. I switched it out to a tropic. Yours has a date window and this one does not.

Registered
I would have purchased one of these beauties, the no-date one, a long time ago if they didn't have the paltry WR of 50m, I take all of my watches in my pool, and I'm afraid this one wouldn't cut it

Registered
I would have purchased one of these beauties, the no-date one, a long time ago if they didn't have the paltry WR of 50m, I take all of my watches in my pool, and I'm afraid this one wouldn't cut it
not sure how chlorine would affect the watch but I went scuba diving last year with my other one. Since my lungs were scarred in 2014 by multiple lung clots after emergency surgery I am limited how deep I am allowed to dive (20 meters). I looked to see my depth on my mares dive computer and instead saw the bulova on my wrist. Luckily two of my grandsons were with me double checking depth and keeping gramps out of trouble. Watch still keeps working but again, not sure what chorine would do to gaskets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts