Watch Freeks banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I like PT9 because it tests every part of your system and scores them individually, This is my score with the CPU rolled back to 4.8Ghz...

My personal record for a system you can run 24/7 is 8622...

It would be interesting to see how an AMD rig stacks up?

I've only got a GeForce Titan GTX 6GB for graphics because I only play Tempest 4000 using my homemade spinner box, I'm currently #1 in the world on all three leader boards BUT we see how long that will last...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
While gaming the temps have been in the low 50c range.

I'm not doing any overclocking at this point. Perhaps down the road. If I do that, I'll need to rework my cooling altogether. This case doesn't have great air flow. With two fans pulling from the front and one pushing in the back I still have some negative pressure. The front is actually closed off, and pulls air from a side facing vent. It isn't ideal for OC cooling.

The first photo I posted (and again here) you can see there isn't any venting in the front.

·
Registered
495 Posts
oh ya I see that now, is that a spot on the top for a liquid cooler radiator?

You should see my case! when I bought an AIO water cooler setup there was no place for a rad so I just hacked a spot out on the top of the case and the whole rad sits on the top of the case, It's not pretty but it works great!

But that's nothing compared to my video card mod, I stripped everything off the card, used liquid metal between the GPU and the vaper camber cooler, then I attached two larger fans blowing onto the vapor chamber cooler, and then I overclocked the video card a lot but the temps never come close to getting too high after the mod!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
oh ya I see that now, is that a spot on the top for a liquid cooler radiator?

You should see my case! when I bought an AIO water cooler setup there was no place for a rad so I just hacked a spot out on the top of the case and the whole rad sits on the top of the case, It's not pretty but it works great!

But that's nothing compared to my video card mod, I stripped everything off the card, used liquid metal between the GPU and the vaper camber cooler, then I attached two larger fans blowing onto the vapor chamber cooler, and then I overclocked the video card a lot but the temps never come close to getting too high after the mod!

That rig sounds impressive!

There is room on top for either more fans (120mm or 140mm) or a water cooler.

·
Registered
495 Posts
That rig sounds impressive!

There is room on top for either more fans (120mm or 140mm) or a water cooler.
Well, impressive is the last word I'd use to describe the case... lol

That's good, most newer cases like your are watch cooling ready so that will make adding one a breeze!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts