Watch Freeks banner

Built a new gaming PC

3K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  straps68 
#1 · (Edited)
I was saving for a watch purchase, and then decided to build a new gaming PC. My first Pc build. I’ve replaced components before but never a full build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Ryzen 5 3600, AMD RX 570, MSI PRO B450 Micros ATX mother board, 16bg DDR4 3600 G.Skillz Ripjaws RAM, 1tb m.2 NVMe solid state drive, Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 550watt power supply, and some generic aRGB case fans. Running Windows 10 Pro ( I get free keys from work ). I’ll put Debian Linux on it for anything other than gaming soon. I prefer Linux, and gaming is just easier in Windows.

#4 ·
Oh, I really like Seasonic's PSU's, I believe they are one of the best out there!

AMD is really giving Intel a run for their money these days by having faster CPU's that have more cores on a smaller process and for less money! Intel really has a big problem on their hands and I don't see it going away anytime soon...

Isn't Windows 10 more or less free these days?

#7 ·
Oh, I really like Seasonic's PSU's, I believe they are one of the best out there!

AMD is really giving Intel a run for their money these days by having faster CPU's that have more cores on a smaller process and for less money! Intel really has a big problem on their hands and I don't see it going away anytime soon...

Isn't Windows 10 more or less free these days? Why Windows is FREE Now - YouTube

I’ve been a fan of AMD for a long time. I like that they allow overclocking, which I won’t do until I upgrade my GPU down the road. Their Threadripper is eating Intel alive! It’s good to see the competition.

I have some windows keys available to me, so I put on Pro for added control. The perks of being in IT.

#5 ·
Whoa Jeff, that is just crazy cool right there ! :jaw::cool2:

Can't imagine how difficult this is to do, and then to do it
to this degree?!

Just before we saw DubyaDubya building his very own
beautiful watch box, and now you create this out of this
world marvel ! ..It's so much fun to see, I can't even
put it into words ! ..Thank you !!!

Looks like it could be on the bridge of the Enterprise sir ! :eek:

#11 ·
Whoa Jeff, that is just crazy cool right there ! :jaw::cool2:

Can't imagine how difficult this is to do, and then to do it

to this degree?!

Just before we saw DubyaDubya building his very own

beautiful watch box, and now you create this out of this

world marvel ! ..It's so much fun to see, I can't even

put it into words ! ..Thank you !!!

Looks like it could be on the bridge of the Enterprise sir ! :eek:

Honestly, Tom, it is far easier than you think. More intimidating than hard. Still easier to go the Chaz route and just buy a custom one!

#6 ·
Used build my own rigs, but no longer have the time nor patience, last three rigs have been from ibuypowerPC.com You can custom design all the components in the rig you want, they put it together for a couple of hundred bucks more then you would spend doing it yourself. So far three rigs haven't had one hitch, other then becoming obsolete and slow like any computer will eventually be.

Here are the specs on mine.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/24/2019, 21:00:21
Machine name: DESKTOP-P7DJ71B
Machine Id: {10C3ABF4-2585-491F-A041-CFCCC152CF59}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc.180808-1748)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: P3.00
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16318MB RAM
Page File: 4837MB used, 17624MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.16299.0015 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce RTX 2070

This baby smokes for gaming, I can play "The Forest" or "Squad" cranked up as high as it can go without one hiccup!

Reactions: FunkDaLicious
#8 ·
Used build my own rigs, but no longer have the time nor patience, last three rigs have been from ibuypowerPC.com You can custom design all the components in the rig you want, they put it together for a couple of hundred bucks more then you would spend doing it yourself. So far three rigs haven't had one hitch, other then becoming obsolete and slow like any computer will eventually be.

Here are the specs on mine.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/24/2019, 21:00:21
Machine name: DESKTOP-P7DJ71B
Machine Id: {10C3ABF4-2585-491F-A041-CFCCC152CF59}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc.180808-1748)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: P3.00
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce RTX 2070

This baby smokes for gaming, I can play "The Forest" or "Squad" cranked up as high as it can go without one hiccup!

Nice specs!

Some AAA titles I’ll have to turn down the specs, but that’s ok. I should be future proof for several years on the processor front and can upgrade the GPU down the road.

#21 ·
I like PT9 because it tests every part of your system and scores them individually, This is my score with the CPU rolled back to 4.8Ghz...

My personal record for a system you can run 24/7 is 8622...

It would be interesting to see how an AMD rig stacks up?

I've only got a GeForce Titan GTX 6GB for graphics because I only play Tempest 4000 using my homemade spinner box, I'm currently #1 in the world on all three leader boards BUT we see how long that will last...

#22 ·
While gaming the temps have been in the low 50c range.

I'm not doing any overclocking at this point. Perhaps down the road. If I do that, I'll need to rework my cooling altogether. This case doesn't have great air flow. With two fans pulling from the front and one pushing in the back I still have some negative pressure. The front is actually closed off, and pulls air from a side facing vent. It isn't ideal for OC cooling.

The first photo I posted (and again here) you can see there isn't any venting in the front.

#23 ·
oh ya I see that now, is that a spot on the top for a liquid cooler radiator?

You should see my case! when I bought an AIO water cooler setup there was no place for a rad so I just hacked a spot out on the top of the case and the whole rad sits on the top of the case, It's not pretty but it works great!

But that's nothing compared to my video card mod, I stripped everything off the card, used liquid metal between the GPU and the vaper camber cooler, then I attached two larger fans blowing onto the vapor chamber cooler, and then I overclocked the video card a lot but the temps never come close to getting too high after the mod!

#26 · (Edited)
I remember the days where I had to do anything in order to run a game I wanted to play. My configuration was much worse than yours and I remember GTA V was just out for PC. I wanted to play it so bad and I did not have the money to improve my PC. I spent days online searching for a solution and I started reading about PC optimization. I found optimizer on htpps://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-pc-optimization-software/ which cleaned my PC and I immediately saw that it is working much better. It got rid of unnecessary stuff from my PC and I was able to play GTA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.