Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was saving for a watch purchase, and then decided to build a new gaming PC. My first Pc build. I’ve replaced components before but never a full build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great, What's under the hood?

Ryzen 5 3600, AMD RX 570, MSI PRO B450 Micros ATX mother board, 16bg DDR4 3600 G.Skillz Ripjaws RAM, 1tb m.2 NVMe solid state drive, Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 550watt power supply, and some generic aRGB case fans. Running Windows 10 Pro ( I get free keys from work ). I’ll put Debian Linux on it for anything other than gaming soon. I prefer Linux, and gaming is just easier in Windows.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Oh, I really like Seasonic's PSU's, I believe they are one of the best out there!

AMD is really giving Intel a run for their money these days by having faster CPU's that have more cores on a smaller process and for less money! Intel really has a big problem on their hands and I don't see it going away anytime soon...

Isn't Windows 10 more or less free these days?

·
Super Moderator
9,333 Posts
Whoa Jeff, that is just crazy cool right there ! :jaw::cool2:

Can't imagine how difficult this is to do, and then to do it
to this degree?!

Just before we saw DubyaDubya building his very own
beautiful watch box, and now you create this out of this
world marvel ! ..It's so much fun to see, I can't even
put it into words ! ..Thank you !!!

Looks like it could be on the bridge of the Enterprise sir ! :eek:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Used build my own rigs, but no longer have the time nor patience, last three rigs have been from ibuypowerPC.com You can custom design all the components in the rig you want, they put it together for a couple of hundred bucks more then you would spend doing it yourself. So far three rigs haven't had one hitch, other then becoming obsolete and slow like any computer will eventually be.

Here are the specs on mine.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/24/2019, 21:00:21
Machine name: DESKTOP-P7DJ71B
Machine Id: {10C3ABF4-2585-491F-A041-CFCCC152CF59}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc.180808-1748)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: P3.00
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16318MB RAM
Page File: 4837MB used, 17624MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.16299.0015 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce RTX 2070

This baby smokes for gaming, I can play "The Forest" or "Squad" cranked up as high as it can go without one hiccup!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I really like Seasonic's PSU's, I believe they are one of the best out there!

AMD is really giving Intel a run for their money these days by having faster CPU's that have more cores on a smaller process and for less money! Intel really has a big problem on their hands and I don't see it going away anytime soon...

Isn't Windows 10 more or less free these days? Why Windows is FREE Now - YouTube

I’ve been a fan of AMD for a long time. I like that they allow overclocking, which I won’t do until I upgrade my GPU down the road. Their Threadripper is eating Intel alive! It’s good to see the competition.

I have some windows keys available to me, so I put on Pro for added control. The perks of being in IT.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used build my own rigs, but no longer have the time nor patience, last three rigs have been from ibuypowerPC.com You can custom design all the components in the rig you want, they put it together for a couple of hundred bucks more then you would spend doing it yourself. So far three rigs haven't had one hitch, other then becoming obsolete and slow like any computer will eventually be.

Here are the specs on mine.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/24/2019, 21:00:21
Machine name: DESKTOP-P7DJ71B
Machine Id: {10C3ABF4-2585-491F-A041-CFCCC152CF59}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc.180808-1748)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: P3.00
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce RTX 2070

This baby smokes for gaming, I can play "The Forest" or "Squad" cranked up as high as it can go without one hiccup!

Nice specs!

Some AAA titles I’ll have to turn down the specs, but that’s ok. I should be future proof for several years on the processor front and can upgrade the GPU down the road.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I’ve been a fan of AMD for a long time. I like that they allow overclocking, which I won’t do until I upgrade my GPU down the road. Their Threadripper is eating Intel alive! It’s good to see the competition.

I have some windows keys available to me, so I put on Pro for added control. The perks of being in IT.

I'm running pro too, and it didn't cost me a dime, I downloaded it from Microsoft and when I installed it it was already activated and I didn't put in a key or anything?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm running pro too, and it didn't cost me a dime, I downloaded it from Microsoft and when I installed it it was already activated and I didn't put in a key or anything?
Your key must have been for pro? Was your previous version Pro? Maybe you just got lucky!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

to this degree?!

Honestly, Tom, it is far easier than you think. More intimidating than hard. Still easier to go the Chaz route and just buy a custom one!

·
Registered
495 Posts

The first thing I always do now with Windows 10 is run the "Windows 10 Debloater" which strips out all a garbage and deactivates stuff like tracking and other unwanted stuff, Plus I always disable a lot of unneeded services...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The first thing I always do now with Windows 10 is run the "Windows 10 Debloater" which strips out all a garbage and deactivates stuff like tracking and other unwanted stuff...

I do the same. Including deactivating Cortana. My setup doesn’t have a mic without a gaming headset anyway. I will also switch to Linux for anything other than gaming later anyway.

·
Registered
495 Posts

to this degree?!

I always build my own computer and then overclock it, Like the computer I using right now has a 3.7Ghz CPU and it's overclocked to 4.95Ghz and I have my DDR4 memory overclocked to 4,288‬Mhz up from 4,133Mhz...

·
Super Moderator
9,333 Posts
Honestly, Tom, it is far easier than you think. More intimidating than hard. Still easier to go the Chaz route and just buy a custom one!

I always build my own computer and then overclock it, Like the computer I using right now has a 3.7Ghz CPU and it's overclocked to 4.95Ghz and I have my DDR4 memory overclocked to 4,288‬Mhz up from 4,133Mhz...

Well it's pretty phenomenal no matter how you guys slice it, and think
it is awesome really !! :smile-thumb2: It's like you have this super
limited edition computer from the future with super powers ! :)

It's ridiculously cool, along with fun to see. Thanks so so much
for sharing !!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Weird. Microsoft was feeling generous that day! Ha!

I think that video was right, Windows is more or less free for now BUT that can always change at the drop of a hat, I'll tell you this I'm sure not going to ask them about it! lol :smile-thumb:

Are or overclocking any with that clean rig? How are your temps?

I just got a Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 AIO and I can run 5.0Ghz all day long 24/7 but I've rolled it back a touch and my temps don't even hit 50c!

I could prob roll the CPU voltage back some as well and the temps would be even lower...

Have you done any testing of your new setup? It would be interesting to see what an AMD rig scores in PassMark PerformanceTest 9?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts