Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I brushed the bracelet on my 8926 and it was easy as pie. Here are a few snaps and a small walk through. Total time involved, maybe 15 mins. The photos do not do it justice, It looks flawless.

1. Get your tools out and ready.

The only tools needed for this is a spring bar tool and a Green Scotch Brite Pad

2. Remove the Bracelet.

3. Lay it flat on a soft cloth. With the Scotch Brite Pad brush in one direction, the length of the bracelet using light to medium finger pressure. Keep your brush stroke straight when brushing.

4. Fold over the links and brush the inside edges for a more complete look.

5. Brush the End Pieces. (This is a before and after)

6. Put the bracelet back on and enjoy!

Now when you get small scratches, just repeat this process to make the bracelet look like new again.

:thumbup:

·
Administrator
1,227 Posts
imported post

wow - really nice job and THANK YOU for the great picture tutorial.

Question - why did you do that? I understand why some people do it, but why did you do it? Are you scratching your watch band a lot or did you just like the look?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I never liked the look of PCL's. I don't even like them on the Rolex Daytona. On a two tone watch they are OK in my book though. They show scratches bad and they show fingerprints bad too. I found myself wiping it down a lot. Now with it brushed, removing scratches will be a snap!

Hey with a little elbow grease I can always go back to polished LOL.

I really like it a lot better all brushed. It was my one and only complaint with this watch..and I have solved it. Now.....it's all smiles :)

·
Administrator
1,227 Posts
imported post

awesome job. really nice work. I am sure you will wear it proudly!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Incredible work GoDuke1. I am afraid to try that with any of my watches. Would probably ruin them completely, lol.
Nice work!

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

Very cool. I do not think I would have the guts to do that either to a watch I owned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts