Watch Freeks banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Never thought of myself as a collector, but have always tended to keep the little things I found in my walks through life, as sort of tokens to time long forgotten. I'm not sentimental, but do cherish the little I have, for no reason than having a nostalgic moment, when scratching though your lost drawer, and been met, with long lost memories attached to all those little life tokens. I bought a Brunoff in 2009, and it somehow landed up as one of my life tokens.

There is not much info about the Brunoff watch company, and this community seems to be the only vestige that there ever was one. I haven't seen this model, but a close similarity. Does anyone have one, and maybe the manual, as I have no idea on how it works anymore... Thanks
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Gadget
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

·
Super Moderator
14,621 Posts
Hi Roguecc, and the thanks goes to YOU for thinking to join
us here. :)

Wow, yes, actually don't think I have seen this watch, or have
been fortunate enough to hear of the brand before either. But
from just taking a quick look around, they are a Portuguese
company that makes various kinds of watches. And although
I don't have one, it's definitely a neat token, full of I'm sure,
some great memories. (y)

Oh, and honestly looks like it may just need a new battery.
I hope you can get it up, and running again Roguecc !

·
Senior Freek
1,360 Posts
I never heard of the brand before, but some research shows me that Brunoff is a defunct Portugese brand. The movement is a quartz movement, which means that it is powered by a battery. As Tom mentioned above, aa battery change should get the motor running again.

If it was my watch, I'd take it to a local jeweler who does watch repairs. They should be able to replace the battery, and let you know if more extensive servicing is necessary. You might want to see if you can buff out the scratches on the watch crystal.

Meanwhile once the watch is working, operating the chronograph isn't too difficult to figure out. From your photos, I see two buttons and the crown. One button is above the crown at the 2:00 position, and one is below the crown at the 4:00 position. The crown is the knurled button at the 3:00 position. I doubt it's a screw down crown, so you pull the crown out fully to adjust the time, and you pull it out halfway to change the date. The 2:00 and 4:00 buttons most likely operate the subdials at 10:00 and 6:00.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you're able to get it functioning again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts