Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, remember Brew Watches?

Did you by chance see the new Retromatic?

This watch has a 36mm x 39.5mm stainless steel case, 50m WR, neat
black, burgundy, green, and blue 3-tier perforated dials with sleek hands,
along with hands, and outer markings, along with stainless steel bracelets.
With the movements being Seiko's NH35 movement within the burgundy,
and green, and Sellita's SW200 powering the black, and blue models.

Just a few pictures...

W&W, and Brew with this, and more...

Brew is Back with the Retromatic, an Espresso Inspired Time and Date Watch with an Automatic Movement - Worn & Wound

https://www.brew-watches.com/

·
Super Moderator
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the black, and 10.5 is different. People would mistake it for a smart watch, but they'd be right.
😄You're so right AW ! 😀 You have to hand to to Brew for trying something
a little different. It really does have a smart watch feel, and at the same time,
some how feels very traditional. Then, on top of that, it's not every day we see
coffee themed watches either. Pretty neat !

Thanks just for looking honestly sir, and especially for your thoughts on these !!! 😉

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Very nice. Love the case size and the fine looking quick release bracelet. The theory behind the dials is also very interesting. Tough decision between the lavender or the blue for me. Maybe just $100 overpriced. But even where they're at, you'd be a fool not to put forth the extra coin for the Sellita movement. That's the deal right there.:)

·
Super Moderator
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice. Love the case size and the fine looking quick release bracelet. The theory behind the dials is also very interesting. Tough decision between the lavender or the blue for me. Maybe just $100 overpriced. But even where they're at, you'd be a fool not to put forth the extra coin for the Sellita movement. That's the deal right there.:)
Not bad right Forza? They definitely put a lot of thought into these, and at the
same time, the watches still feel cool, and refined. :cool: (y) They're not over
done, or anything. Then can look like either a smart watch, or even something
vintage really. Then inside you get dueling options with that Sellita being the
icing on the cake like you said sir.

Can't thank you enough for chiming in sir ! THX !!!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Wow !!! 🤯 I went to the Brew site to window shop. And almost everything is sold out... Because only the blue and black dials are offered with the Sellita. And the blue is already sold out. I sent them an email to see if it was possible to get a burgundy dial with a Sellita movement.
The burgundy and green come with NH35's. No way I'm going in for $425 for that. If they offer me a Burgundy dial with a Sellita. I'll consider it, but my experience doesn't see that happening as it is obvious that two colors were designed for the Sellita. The other two for the NH. They could probably do it, only if they have a few extra parts hanging around.
They have plenty of sweet meca-quartz chronographs. But like I said most of the stuff is sold out. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll build me a custom job. But I won't hold my breath. Really fell in love with this one. But I'm not gonna buy something I don't want. (black dial) 😣Oh well, maybe they'll do another run in the future.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think these are absolutely wonderful. I’d love to see one in the metal, but this ticks all the right boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow !!! 🤯 I went to the Brew site to window shop. And almost everything is sold out... Because only the blue and black dials are offered with the Sellita. And the blue is already sold out. I sent them an email to see if it was possible to get a burgundy dial with a Sellita movement.
The burgundy and green come with NH35's. No way I'm going in for $425 for that. If they offer me a Burgundy dial with a Sellita. I'll consider it, but my experience doesn't see that happening as it is obvious that two colors were designed for the Sellita. The other two for the NH. They could probably do it, only if they have a few extra parts hanging around.
They have plenty of sweet meca-quartz chronographs. But like I said most of the stuff is sold out. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll build me a custom job. But I won't hold my breath. Really fell in love with this one. But I'm not gonna buy something I don't want. (black dial) 😣Oh well, maybe they'll do another run in the future.
Nice watch. Simple and functional
I think these are absolutely wonderful. I’d love to see one in the metal, but this ticks all the right boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty neat aren't they guys?!!! 🙂On the one hand they are simple, and classic
looking like Steve said, but also really dynamic, and cool, ticking all the boxes
like Vladdy said. 😉 And Forza, at least you tried sir. That's all you can do. (y)
I guess they don't make a ton of watches, and the numbers are maybe limited
by the sound of it. But wow, that would be amazing if they could make you that
Burgundy Sellita sir. ..Talk about a limited edition ! :D

Keep us informed on all of that Forza, and thank YOU sir, as well as
Steve, and Vladdy just for looking, and chiming in here with these !!!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Pretty neat aren't they guys?!!! 🙂On the one hand they are simple, and classic
looking like Steve said, but also really dynamic, and cool, ticking all the boxes
like Vladdy said. 😉 And Forza, at least you tried sir. That's all you can do. (y)
I guess they don't make a ton of watches, and the numbers are maybe limited
by the sound of it. But wow, that would be amazing if they could make you that
Burgundy Sellita sir. ..Talk about a limited edition ! :D

Keep us informed on all of that Forza, and thank YOU sir, as well as
Steve, and Vladdy just for looking, and chiming in here with these !!!
But alas, it is not to be as the owner himself emailed me back within eight hours... But he did leave the door open.😁Seems like a nice fella.

Thank you for your kind email. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide the Burgundy Retromatic with the SW200 movement at this time. However, if anything changes in the near future, I'll certainly let you know.

Very Best,

Jonathan Ferrer

·
Super Moderator
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But alas, it is not to be as the owner himself emailed me back within eight hours... But he did leave the door open.😁Seems like a nice fella.

Thank you for your kind email. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide the Burgundy Retromatic with the SW200 movement at this time. However, if anything changes in the near future, I'll certainly let you know.

Very Best,

Jonathan Ferrer
Holy cow Forza, yeah, he does seem like a cool guy. !😀(y)

Just the fact that he got back to you so quickly was nice, and then the
news wasn't actually bad that he gave you. Because, you can almost
tell by his response that they just might be working on a bronze SW200
version. 🙂 Either way, it's very cool stuff sir !! 😎😎

Thanks so much for the news !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts