Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered a watch in my stepfather's father's (that makes him my step-grandfather I guess!) boxes and I was asked me to see what I can find out about it. The watch appears to be an old Breitling and has "Graduated to 30 pulsations" written on the top of the inner face. I can't take a picture good enough to show this as it is right at the top of the watch face, under the bezel? Sorry, I am a completely ignorant when it comes to watches so I thank you in advance for your patience!
My step-grandfather was a doctor, so it makes sense he would have a watch like this. There appears to be a serial number on the back as well. The watch is a manual wind chronograph and works well!
Thanks so much in advance for any insights on this watch. I have posted in the Breitling section as well. If this isn't according to the rules, please remove one post.
Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recently discovered a watch in my stepfather's father's (that makes him my step-grandfather I guess!) boxes and I was asked me to see what I can find out about it. The watch appears to be an old Breitling and has "Graduated to 30 pulsations" written on the top of the inner face. I can't take a picture good enough to show this as it is right at the top of the watch face, under the bezel? Sorry, I am a completely ignorant when it comes to watches so I thank you in advance for your patience!
My step-grandfather was a doctor, so it makes sense he would have a watch like this. There appears to be a serial number on the back as well. The watch is a manual wind chronograph and works well!
Thanks so much in advance for any insights on this watch. I have posted in the vintage section as well. If this isn't according to the rules, please remove one post.
Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It's a beauty
Taking a patients pulse rate. A real doctors watch

Try going to Breitling resource website. Serial number and contacts on that site are you best bet
Watch out for offers to buy. Lol

I think the company may have the records still on file and can tell who what and where
Best of luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a beauty
Taking a patients pulse rate. A real doctors watch

Try going to Breitling resource website. Serial number and contacts on that site are you best bet
Watch out for offers to buy. Lol

I think the company may have the records still on file and can tell who what and where
Best of luck
thanks for your thoughts. i have tried breitling source and so far one person seems to think it is not the real thing: "Dial has the worst and incorrect font, no Swiss. Total redial. Case back would also have the watch reference number which it does not. Serial number is 3xx.xxx which would put it in the 1930's range which this is not one of those jewels."

of course i will not limit my research to this one comment, but i am a little saddened that it may indeed not be genuine.

i will try reaching out to breitling directly as well and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
thanks for your thoughts. i have tried breitling source and so far one person seems to think it is not the real thing: "Dial has the worst and incorrect font, no Swiss. Total redial. Case back would also have the watch reference number which it does not. Serial number is 3xx.xxx which would put it in the 1930's range which this is not one of those jewels."

of course i will not limit my research to this one comment, but i am a little saddened that it may indeed not be genuine.

i will try reaching out to breitling directly as well and see what they have to say.

Well, that may be some good advice, the font is definitely wrong, just google vintage Breitling and you'll see the font they use. Just could be a bad re-dial.
Do you have movement pictures?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts