Watch Freeks banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to put a Dimodell leather strap on my Steelfish to prolong the bracelet. Once strap was on, I found the fit to be a bit loose....wore the watch to work today. Was doing some cat5 cabling and all of a sudden, the spring bars came right off (one end)!! Good thing I caught the watch before it hit our concrete laid server room!!

So came back home, decided to put the watch back on bracelet. It was then I had a good look...the spring bars are different...like it's spring loaded on BOTH sides, not just one side like on most common sprig bars. Also, it's hard to explain..on bracelet, the spring bars are a perfect fit so the bracelet stays in place fully flush and firmly in. With a leather strap, the spring bars are loose :confused:.

On my Tags, I never had any issues with bracelet/leather strap change with the existing stock set of spring bars. I wonder if Breitling has different spring bars for bracelet/leather strap?

For now, I've put the bracelet back on the BO bracelet.

I just found this interesting but hey, it's also my first Breitling :cool:!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Interesting. I've never taken the bracelet off my Super Avenger so I was not aware of this. I only plan to use the bracelet so it won't matter to me but it is still good information as many guys like to switch up straps regularly.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
They use some of the best hardware I have seen on any of my watches (clasps, links, metal, etc).

But I also have never attempted to remove the bracelets on any of the Breitling models I have owned.

I would recommend contacting a local AD store or repair center to verify if they use a different pin system.

Either way - I LOVE the model you recently got!!! I still miss my Steelfish XL daily...

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Seems to me all the spring bars I use are loaded on both sides
I know what you mean as I've had in the long past seen myself bars that go sour
Once over the ocean and I was lucky to grab the TAG.... Before it was lost.
And those were OME

I try to never wear any that appear loose. In fact I use solid bars in my latest Tutima
It's never going to fall off.

I imagine you were using bars that came with the band?

Hope you get it fixed. BTW, many guys tell me to but the Rolex bars as found on eBay from a reliable seller.. Of course.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay...UPDATE

I was at Ben Bridge (AD for Breitling and other brands). Ended up talking to one of the 'better known' sales rep who himself was wearing a Breitling Colt.

Apparently, with certain models, Breitling uses different thickness spring bars for bracelet/leather straps. Length is still either 22 or 24mm but the end tips are machined differently depending on bracelet or leather/rubber.

They didn't have any OEM spring bars for the Steelfish so I had them order me a set (was qouted $10 shipped so I went for it...can't be bothered). They used the part # for the rubber strap. Was so tempted to order the new Heshey Breitling rubber strap but when they said it's $399, I headed for the exit!!

But hats off to Breitling for putting extra effort in making sure small things like spring bars are also machined for that perfect fit for rubber/bracelets!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts