Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, received this awesome watch yesterday from our own Tony Maroney, and had to post about it. :)

The watch was unbelievably, and kindly offered, and gifted to me by Tony who wished to give the watch to someone who would appreciate it. Needless to say, I was floored by his incredible gesture, but asked him if there was anyone else in his family, or maybe a friend who might appreciate it. Tony stated he had already done that, but they gave it back to him saying it was broken.

However, it actually just needed to be shaken, or wound up. As you can imagine, I was really stunned by the offer, and humbled by Tony's kindness, and decided to accept his incredibly cool offer, and creation. :eek:

A little information about the watch everyone includes that it was built back in 2004 by Tony, and is actually a prototype for a watch called the Aquanaut. The brand was to be called Bravus, and as you can see the watch was amazingly well thought out. Bringing the coolest elements from brands like Omega, and even Rolex together. Just have a look at the textured dial, and even how the bezel is done in such a classic style guys !

The watch's movement is a Miyota automatic as well which runs very smooth, and it's on a super comfortable rubber strap as well.

Have a few pictures for you guys...

Thanks very much Tony !!! :smile-thumb2: Really am enjoying this one !

Even the case back is off the charts ! :thumb::thumb:

Thanks again Tony !!! Wow ! :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
WOW! Very nice! It's disheartening to know that these never went into full-scale production, because I'd wear this in a heartbeat. If Tony ever gets back into the game, I'm totally down for one. :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Talk about a very incredible gesture! As I've said before, that Bravus looks gorgeous. Congratulations and wear it in good health, Tom!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm blushing Tom. I'm glad you like it. Your pics are better than my promo pics from the day. I'm glad this watch will get the love it didn't have, being stuck in a drawer for years.
As for Bravus, lately, I've got an itch again, but this time just for fun. I'm not going to say anything more as I don't want anyone to think I came here to shill watches, but I'm currently looking to reimagine one of my all time fave classics...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm blushing Tom. I'm glad you like it. Your pics are better than my promo pics from the day. I'm glad this watch will get the love it didn't have, being stuck in a drawer for years.
As for Bravus, lately, I've got an itch again, but this time just for fun. I'm not going to say anything more as I don't want anyone to think I came here to shill watches, but I'm currently looking to reimagine one of my all time fave classics...
Well, if you're taking a poll, I like the Aquanaut and your Daytona homage. :D

·
Banned
754 Posts
Love that thing ! Couldn't have happened to a nicer man. Very happy for you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, if you're taking a poll, I like the Aquanaut and your Daytona homage. :D
It's not a classic Bravus I have in mind. I'm trying to re-imagine one of my all time favourite watches.
What I'm working on, well, the original isn't Swiss in origin and the codename at the moment is "Pogo"...

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Tom:
Does it have the Miyota 9015 engine?
Cept for the noise of the counterweight spinning,
it's a riteous movement,
Gotta 9015 in a Deep Blue, Sounds like a tractor
when counterweight is spinning

Lou Snutt

·
Super Moderator
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:smile::smile: Thanks a lot everyone !!! :) Yup, really am enjoying this watch, and will for many years. Can't thank you enough Tony, and actually appreciate your kind gesture more than I was able to put into words here. This watch is too good, and you are too kind !

Amazing the kind of people that are into this hobby ! Just amazing !!! :smileyface_hand_claThanks so much Tony, and everyone !

By the way arogleistus, sorry am getting back to your question late about
the movement. Looks like Tony covered it for you though. ..The 8215 is
running smooth, and quiet here arogle1stus. Although those 9015 like you
have there in your Deep Blue seem like they must awesome too !

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's not a classic Bravus I have in mind. I'm trying to re-imagine one of my all time favourite watches.
What I'm working on, well, the original isn't Swiss in origin and the codename at the moment is "Pogo"...
Is it going to be automatic? Hey maybe we could do a Watch Freeks limited edition!

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's a nice idea, but the minimum amount would be in the hundreds of pieces. I don't think that many people on here would want the same watch, so I'd have to also sell elsewhere. Branding it watch freeks would limit the appeal.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Tony:
I'm still good with the 8215. Had one in a Deep Blue
and flipped less than 24 hours after offering it.
Suisse movents are great. Valjoux 7750 Selitta 200 and
500. But I gotta buy watches with Japanese engines
because of financial restraints. I didn't own the UP RR
I was only a throttle pushing Engr

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
489 Posts
Dude... Project Pogo looks like a promising piece! Looking forward to seeing some prototypes if you decide to move forward to it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
OMG Tony, count me in RIGHT NOW for Pogo Project! I read the summary at the link you provided, and the original piece is a vintage grail of mine, so... Hell yes!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts