Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
300WSM
Great mod. I own that same watch (3000 bb 1) myself and thought
"No one will ever mod this watch to a bracelet". Was I wrong or what?
I'll bet you could develop this modding into a paying proposition.
I for one would like to have someone replicate the mod with a black
PVD bracelet.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300WSM
Great mod. I own that same watch (3000 bb 1) myself and thought
"No one will ever mod this watch to a bracelet". Was I wrong or what?
I'll bet you could develop this modding into a paying proposition.
I for one would like to have someone replicate the mod with a black
PVD bracelet.

X traindriver Art
Thanks for the kudos and yes I was determined to make it work... but....this little bracelet was very expensive (over $100) and I had to wait a total of two months just to procure all the parts. Some of the parts I had to custom manufacture (the link sleeve liners I made from the plastic barrel of an ink pen refill). It would not (for me anyway) be cost effective to replicate this for profit. If you really want it done you may be able to find a watch repair facility that would install it for you if you have the parts. The GW3000 takes some end covers from a Casio parts dealer if you are installing a bracelet. I was also able to score a couple of extra band links from the same dealer to fit my over-sized wrists. Call Casio and they can direct you to their parts vendors (one on the east coast and one on the west). Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
10,587 Posts
Oh neat 300, check that out ! :cool: :eek: Really is a one of a kind, and something to see !!! Nice job ! :smileyface_hand_cla The black links work just right with the case, and even the stainless plays off details in the watch, along with the case-back. It's fantastic ! Looks so high end, and classy, but still extremely sporty. Keep on enjoying this one ! ..Nice work once again !

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Nice work 300!! 🏼🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for your kind comments.

For anyone wishing to pursue this venture, I thought that I owe at least explaining how it was done. This is lengthy but bear with me. First, the watch bracelet is for an MT-G 1200 g-shock watch which I found on Ebay. It has the exact same dimensions at the connecting links as the bracelet for the GW-3000. Casio told me that it would not work to try to install this on my watch. Thankfully I do not always take stock in what people tell me (I tend to believe the results). You will need the black end caps to cover the watch body protrusions (more on this later). These can be ordered from the west coast Casio parts dealer (call Casio for the number) and can be found on the parts list for the GW-3000. By the way, if you have large wrists, now is a good time to order extra links for the watch bracelet. These are found under the MT-G 1200 parts list and it takes two weeks for them to arrive from Japan.

Next is figuring out how to disassemble the band on your watch. You need very small flat blade screwdrivers and a small padded vice helps to hold the watch while you use two drivers to turn the threaded ends of the connecting pin apart. They are very difficult to break free initially. Once disassembled, cut the spacers for the watch bracelet end link connecting holes (the holes are too large in diameter for the connecting pins) out of a plastic pen refill tube. There are two of these for each end, four total. These, surprisingly fit perfectly. Place them in each end of the link. You will notice a small protrusion extending from the watch body after you remove the plastic band. This is what you connect the new bracelet to but first, install the cap, then put the end link in place and reinstall the connecting pin. Repeat this on the other end. It is easier if you remove a link from the bracelet to make two separate pieces out of the bracelet before you try to install it.

It is easier to explain it than do it but be patient... you will eventually get it done. I did! And I might add I think that it is worth all the hassle. I really enjoy the look of this watch!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again for the encouragement and kind comments. I wasn't sure when I started that it would work but the persistence paid off. Here are a couple more pics of a side view.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts