Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After stumbling across the Cave Dweller II in a Top 10 video on Youtube, I quickly found a big fan base here on WF.

I took a punt having never heard of Boschett and have ordered the CDII with black dial and PVD to replace my dying SKX007 (big disappointment!). I placed the order last weekend and I'm told it may ship by the end of the month, so fingers crossed.

I've heard a lot of great things about the bracelet on the CDII, but I'm personally more interested in the rubber strap, but no one seems to mention it other than it's in the box. Has anyone used the rubber strap? Is it any good? Or even better, does anyone have any pics with the strap fitted?

Thanks for reading!

Jams

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I personally never liked the Boschett Rubber (Sorry Keith). I've found that either an Isofrane, Sinn Rubber or Steinhart rubber work best. At least for me. Others may chime in differently.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies guys - That Isofrane strap looks pretty awesome, but another $100 (plus shipping and import tax to the UK) is a chunk of money. Especially as I'm already £300 over-budget on the standard watch (I was originally just going to get a Black Monster).

Think I'll give the standard strap a whirl and see how I get on first.

Would still love to see some pics of one in the real world though if anyone has one.

Cheers!

Jams

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
What I do like about the rubber strap is that it has fitted end pieces on it, so that there is not a huge space showing the large case, like if you had a standard strap on it.

But it is made of silicone and is kind of a lint magnet. This can be rectified though by spraying it with some rubber protectant and letting it dry(only the top side, not the side that touches your skin). It greatly reduces the amount of lint it catches.

Post up your CD when you get it! I think you will love it.

50 of us here are now wearing a LE CD that we had done for the forum.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A sticky silcone strap would bother me after a while, but I'll definitely give it a chance. I like the idea of the top edge being fitted to the case as I'd imagine seeing too much of the 16mm high wall might be a bit too industrial for some.

That is a beautiful watch, I totally have watch envy right now!

I'm used to getting that amazing instant buzz of walking into a shop and dropping cash and walking out with a new watch, so parting with the cash and having to sit tight for a few weeks (especially whilst Fedex mess me around with the import duty etc.) is a new and unpleasant feeling!

Just hoping it's as nice in the flesh as the pictures suggest.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
By the way, it will come with the bracelet attached....

Give it a chance. The bracelet is very comfortable and with the micro adjust ratchet clasp, everyone can get a perfect fit easily.

Over the past year or so, I have mainly become a leather strap guy..or at least a nice rubber like an isofrane.

But, I have been wearing my new CD on the bracelet now for 4 days. Its just a great bracelet and to me the way this watch deserves to be worn.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The gap is one reason why I listed the Sinn. It's curved ends fit the Cave Dweller better than the Iso or the Steinhart, but it's even more expensive than the other 2. Here is a pic (courtesy of Dave aka Sheriff) from an old thread where I solicited options:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the idea of the ratchet extension on the bracelet - I hate it when I have a puffy wrist day (such a girl) and my watch is a little too tight.

I looked into getting a rubber strap for my Breitling and nearly fell off my chair!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was not a fan of the bracelet. The whole thing was just a bit heavy for me.

The rubber strap is solid, comfortable, and it breaks in well. I enjoyed wearing mine on a 5 ring zulu -- granted a short sleeved look, but most things are with the CDII.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I was never a fan of the rubber that comes with the CD II. I tried it on for the first time the other day just for fun. Bit too thin for my tastes for such a tall watch. As Chef mentioned the only plus is that it was designed for the CD II so it does have a nice fit against the case with no gaps.

If I had to get a rubber strap for it, I'd go with a Bonnetto Citurini or one of Benarus's new ISOfrane styled natural rubber straps.

Up to this point though, I've never had the urge to take it off the bracelet. Which is A-Typical for me as I tend to like rubber over bracelets.

The bracelet on the CD II is one of the most chunkiest and comfy chunks of steel I've experienced. I was definitely surprised at the comfort level when my CD II finally arrived. From pics you'd think it was going to be this heavy uncomfortable slab of steel, but it is quite the opposite.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
That Sinn rubber looks KILLER because of the fitted lug ends! Another plus is the killer Sinn clasp too.

That gets my vote!

You wanna make it look killer, you gotta drop $$ sometimes.

Isofranes are worth it. No better fitting/comfy rubber IMO.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The CD II rubber strap is a great strap in my opinion.
Great quality and really comfortable on the wrist. The massive clasp is awesome too.

The strap fits like a glove.

A Isofrane doesn't work on this watch. Doesn't fit the lugs. Looks a bit strange in my eyes.

Here some shots of my CD II on rubber:

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
I pretty sure that mine will never see the rubber strap.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks nitrox28 - That's my colour combo and it looks pretty cool with the rubber strap.

Just have to try and be patient for it to arrive now!

Reactions: nitrox28

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I Have been hiding number 46 from my wife. She would not be happy to see it yet. I am going to my watch guy on Sat to have one link removed from the amazing steel bracelet and I am going to rock this lovely watch on the rubber strap. I love the fitted ends and the rubber feels very high quality. For me I get annoyed when the steel bracelets get scratched up so I seem to remove them and keep them for later. Please don't tell my wife I am number 46. I have to break it to her gently in slow easy time

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm used to getting that amazing instant buzz of walking into a shop and dropping cash and walking out with a new watch, so parting with the cash and having to sit tight for a few weeks (especially whilst Fedex mess me around with the import duty etc.) is a new and unpleasant feeling!
Welcome to the world of buying watches online

.... and to the forum :cool:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Just hoping it's as nice in the flesh as the pictures suggest.
They are an awesome timepiece. I think you will be pleasantly surprised and also happy with the bracelet. I live in a very humid climate and very much like the quick ratchet clasp to lengthen or shorten the bracelet in a quick second. Comes in very handy.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I liked the rubber a lot. I liked the bracelet a lot. I liked the watch a lot. I miss the watch a lot. Yes, it is very tall, but I think you'll be very happy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts