Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Would like to ask for your comments/suggestions on a project I am working at the moment our first 2000m diver watch (powered by a Miyota 9015 movement).

Specifications:

case diameter: 44mm
case length : 56mm
case height: 17mm
crystal diameter: 33mm
crystal thickness: 5mm
bezel insert: ceramic
lug width: 24mm

bracelet and buckle will be similar to the one used in the Borealis Francis Drake.

Price will be competitive costing below $400.00 USD.

Thank you.

Maria

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Personally I wish companies would stop with the silly high WR. 300-500m is more than enough and allows the watches to be thinner. Watch looks good although it resembles a popular Tudor. My two cents is dial 8t back to 500m wr and get the height to 13mm. I would probably buy one. Lug to Lug is also going to be an issue for the average wrist. I can pull it off without issue but the vast majority will not be able to.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks wise, it's fine. Same opinion as the other comments though, I think it looks like a lot of watches already in market.

Seems like your selling point will be the price. If you can get the final product with a 9015 movement to market at under $400 then you shouldn't have a problem moving product.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
DSSD styled case, with a nod to Tudor in the dial. Not original, but nice enough. Not for me, but this will appeal to some.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
For a first time dive watch buyer with little knowledge of the boutique/micro brand world this could be a nice enough watch. Especially if you can make the price stick around the $400 mark. But there's a reason many here will probably not buy it, including myself. It looks too much like the mould it is formed after. And too much like the dozens of others that are formed after that same mould. But I guess it's difficult to incorporate original design features and still maintain that price level. Success!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Unfortunately, I feel like others have said, just to common for my taste, and I don't see the logic behind a 2000m rating.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Case length at 56mm....I'm out.

Keep it at 42-43mm with L2L of 52mm or less and we can start to evaluate your creation. Forget the 2000m as aformentioned.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Truthfully, I am sick of all these Rolex style and cookie cutter dive watches. They are a dime a dozen and pretty much all look alike except the logo and the fact they are made by every watch brand out there. As far as the depth limit goes 99% of watch collectors don't dive and less than that would dive past the average dive depth of the hobbyists capabilities.

I do not doubt it would be a fine watch but far from original or useful for the average collector.

I would prefer seeing a totally original style watch with a much less depth rating for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for your inputs.

Seems not many buyers from forum but could be explained due to fact we are focusing to a different target group.

Our philosophy is to provide quality watches at affordable prices.

To be able to reach high quality levels without increased costs we have to rely on stock cases used also by other boutique manufacturers so understand this may not be everyone's cake.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My .02 is that it's a nice looking piece, but not something I personally am in the market for though.

As long as nobody seems to be pulling punches, I will say that for me the one thing that puts me off is the Tudor-style snowflake hands.

I've never liked them and I doubt I ever will at any price point.

As they say, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
38 Posts
borealiswatch,
Thank you for the opportunity to provide you with some input.
Personally, I Like the style a LOT! No everyone can afford high priced offering with this look and based on your spec's you're delivering a lot of Bang for the US Buck.
I would say that the 56mm L2L is to long for a 44mm cases, if it was 52mm it would be more appealing to must. I understand you will use BGW9 lume on the dial and hands, which I like, it should give it a crisp look against the Black dial. The Ceramic insert bezel with BGW9 lume is a BIG Plus at this price range!
I would like to see a Black or Blue dial with Vintage Beige SuperLuminova was well.
Will there be other dial colors?
Can I assume that you will be using a sapphire crystal with AR coating?
Will it be flat or slightly domed?
What type of clasp will you provide, I'm really liking the new ratcheting style claps with 3-micro adjustments that some of the other Boutique diver companies are using these days.
With some refinements I think it's a great offering. I'm look forward to your final design.
Thanks

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Make it in a blue dial and ceramic bezel...you'll sell tons of them!

BTW - 56mn length is way too long for many, so you would be better off shortening the design down to the 52-53mm range.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
I'll say while not original...many buy these types of watches...look at Raven Deep for double the price. At the price point if someone is looking off this style it should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree 100%.

I would however like to see a shorter L2L.

I think it looks fantastic especially for those of us that will never drop the coin for a Tudor or Rolex.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Tons of C3 paint and some different color dial options? Any tools and strap options? Its nice now but I'd like it a lot more then. Cool hands and 9015 mov't, btw.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Oh, and I think that chunky 44 with 24 lugs is an exceptionally good size and the ceramic bezel should make this a beauty. People are just seeing a drawing here. I bet the'd like it a lot more with an actual pic/prototype. If you have strap/rubber options, please make them appropriately long and nice quality, too. :)

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Tons of C3 paint and some different color dial options? Any tools and strap options? Its nice now but I'd like it a lot more then. Cool hands and 9015 mov't, btw.
I'll disagree and say if they are doing black dial that I prefer the bgw9 as I like the white hands and markers over the c3 green because it's a little dressier looking if you will.
I think even just on bracelet , $400 or under for what they are offering will be a great value.

I also agree with mark, a blue dial/blue bezel option would be great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I'll disagree and say if they are doing black dial that I prefer the bgw9 as I like the white hands and markers over the c3 green because it's a little dressier looking if you will.

Not wanting tons of C3 on a diver? To each his own but BGW9 fades faster and glows less bright and C3 looks fantastic coming into a shaded area out of sunlight so I would take C3 every day of the week and twice on Tuesdays.

I love lume best in day time when coming out of the sun into shade. Here is an example of that phenomena on this Artego. You just can't get that with the blue BGW9, as follows:

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I agree with you Nate on most divers.

But since they are homaging the Tudor Pelegos here with that dial and hands, and the Tudor is black dial with white hands and markers and blue lume, I would like to see the same here with the homage. I like the white markers and hands on certain watches over the green.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts