Watch Freeks banner

Borealis Seafarer II 4000M project

12K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  vladdythegeek 
#1 · (Edited)
From Borealis Facebook Page:

Unveiling the Borealis Seadog (EDIT: now Seafarer II) . Our deepest diver ever.

Pre-order starting soon

-Case Size: 44mm x 53mm
-Screwed down crown
-Slightly Domed Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside and 6mm height
-120 clicks unidirectional sapphire bezel with BGW9 or C3 lume applied to indexes
-Made in Japan Citizen Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement
-Automatic Helium Release Valve
-316L Stainless Steel Case
-Lug Width: 24.00 mm
-Water Resistance: 4000 meters
-Case height: 17.50mm
-316L Stainless steel bracelet with precision adjustable buckle
-Swiss Made BGW9/C3 Superluminova applied to dial, watch hands and sapphire bezel
-Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid and 2 Viton Gaskets
-12 months warranty

See less See more
Reactions: zed073
#2 ·
I think I'll find it impossible to resist this one.

Especially after I got this from Armida:

[Hello Luis,
I am sorry to tell you that we are not producing a A4 with sapphire or ceramic bezel and also the steel A1 42mm will come with aluminium inlay.
We might do sapphire or ceramic in the future but that will take some time
Regards Chris]

I love the classic style of the Kemmner Octopus that was used by a lot of companies but I can't stand the easily scratchable bezel. I had the Deep Blue Master 2000 twice and absolutely loved it but was always scared to scratch it, even when putting seatbelt on. It was "almost perfect". That's why I emailed Armida about their A4's future plans.

This Borealis is calling me so I may have to upset my wife a little, especially after I just got a sweet promotion at work. This is "perfect" to me.

Reactions: Myke
#6 ·
Looks great! I love the 2 Borealis Scorpionfish that I pre-ordered (crazy pre-order pricing on those - with their forum discount it was under $300 each, so I picked up both the black and white dials with the plongeur hands). I had wanted to order the Prometheus Posseidon in the black/orange bezel, grey dial combo, but they did that as a prototype only and never went into production with that version, so I held off on ordering that model - so it may be the black/orange bezel, grey dial version that I order for the Borealis Seadog.

#7 ·
Thanks, Luis. I got the email from Borealis and its a very nice looking wrist-tank, for sure. I wonder if they might consider changing the color on the minute hand. I'm sure many will feel differently but I think a little color there might be a nice improvement. It would get my $200-250 (don't know the price; just guessing) pre-order funds in anyway. :)

#10 ·
+1 for me on orange minute hand. I would even love it if all three hands were orange. Like my oldie but goodie Deep Blue.

One Master 2000 I had also had all three hands in orange and that was very appealing to me. I think it made the watch.

This one will not cost as low as the Scorpionfish. I'm Guesstimating $450-600.

Reactions: zaskar36
#11 ·
Black for me! Hopefully it's not like the Steinhart version that fades though. :/

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III
#12 ·
Apart from the depth rating, the design doesn't differ from the many, many similar designs available. So if you like the watch, go for it but it's not for me. Sorry.

#13 ·
I'm not trying to convince anyone here, just sharing so no need to be sorry. I would like to kindly ask you to share another option in the 44mm with taller height of 16-18mm that has a sapphire or ceramic lumed bezel that doesn't cost as much as the amazing H2O Marlin will presumably cost ? I definitely don't want PVD or oxidized aluminum bezel, please so any help is appreciated.

I'm about the bang for the buck so I would love to see some other options as I'm getting ready to make some moves to afford this or a very very similar one cus I love the style. I'm also aware that you can only try to be so original with a dive watch before it crosses the line into the fashion watch gender.

Like my Raven Deep Tech, can't imagine more bang for the buck so it being inspired by submariners and dwellers or whatever means nothing to me. It's perfect to me. I just love to stare at my watches countless times a day when I have nothing else to do, if my baby and wife are not around :)

#14 ·
Borealis Seadog 4000M Pre-Order starting soon !

Not doing it for me...don't like the crown guards and crown, never cared for those Seiko markers and not fond of the 17mm thick either.

That said if it is around same price of Seafarer around $350...would be a nice value for sure.

I am interested in their upcoming SM300 homage though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Not feeling it looks to generic for me. A good deal and I love the orange blue color combo though. For those that like the design I say jump on it. I have a Borealis Sea Dragon and the price paid for what you get might be my best value purchase of the year. What is a sea dog?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Could you please tell me who else makes a similar 44mm case in the 51-53mm lug to lug with sapphire lumed bezel ? That's what I'm looking for, don't wanna be paranoid about scratching the bezel. Like I said, I loved everything about the Master 2000 so I would've kept with a bezel like these ones.

Any links or pictures would be appreciated.

I'm a sucker for sapphire bezels so that would be preference, ceramic lume bezel would be ok, I guess. Share your knowledge, please.

#19 ·
Nate - tried to "Reply with Quote" but somehow it was previewing goofy for me and not working right. I ended up waiting too long to preorder the Prometheus Posseidon and missed the special pricing, so I decided to hold out on that one. That black/green was tempting - is that the one you have on order? Look forward to seeing the LWIG pics when it comes in - I bet the watch will be worth the wait!

#30 ·
Why does my 12 year old mind go immediately into the gutter. LOL

The Seadog isn't for me. Estoril has got my interest, but I worry that the 41.5 might be too small for my liking. I had a Seiko Fifty Fathom homage and that one ended up too small for me at 41.5. I'll wait and see.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my Sea Dragon and Scorpionfish right now though.

#25 ·
Due to an obvious difference in quality to me and without having to pay too much more for it, I actually prefer Prometheus anything over Borealis anything...at least so far. Its like comparing an A league baseball team against a double A or even triple A league team. Its not a fair comparison to Borealis so no knock meant against them here.

#27 ·

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III
#28 ·
Thanks for sharing, Goodwatch. That definitely puts the Borealis ahead still with the sapphire bezel insert, for me at least. Those chunky Zentons are lovely but it's hard for me to want to spend so much money with that bezel insert. Thinking the Helson SD 42 with sapphire bezel preowned at around $450 would be a great one to own instead of Zenton, for me. I'm looking for a bit of chunkiness. I owned the Steinhart Ocean 1 Green for a few minutes before I knew it wasn't for me cus of how slim it is and the scratch magnet bezel insert.

#29 ·
What I wanted to illustrate is just how similar those watches are. It's not about the materials used but about the cookie cutter 'shoulders protecting the winding crown' execution. In my very humble opinion only Rolex can pull this off. But this is just my quirky view on this :D

#31 · (Edited)
It is now called the Seafarer II, kinda hoping that take TC's suggestion on FB and make a poll to get it to 51mm lug to lug.

There is also now a poll up for the possible option of a turbine bezel on it. I voted for that bezel but I'm now thinking it won't compliment the lines of the watch. I love it on my Orca but I'm not sure it would look good on this new Borealis.

Should be really interesting to see though, you never know sometimes.

Reactions: Waikato7
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.