Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Made another spontaneous purchase when a great deal on a Scorpionfish threw itself in front of me....grabbed one, gently used for $290 with a bonus rubber strap.

I have been drawn to that watch and have always thought I would pull the trigger if I can get it sub 300.

Anyway, in the mail today, should have it next week...

Anyone have pictures or reviews of their Scorpionfish to hold me over in the time being?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congrats! Love the 2 Scorpionfish in my collection! As long as you do not have a puny wrist (I think some with a sub - 6.75" wrist noted that there were not enough removable links to size the watch down enough), you willl love it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow stunning! I always admired the Explorer II polar and although this isn't too similar it it has that same clean look! I am actually going to be wearing it with the rubber for a majority of the time but my wrist is about average, maybe a little larger. This watch just seems like such a good value at msrp let alone on the used market in excellent condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I just sold mine:

http://www.watchfreeks.com/44-finished-sale-trade-threads/217562-sold-borealis-scorpionfish-white-dial-modern-hands-bnib.html

I followed this project from the initial stages. As a matter of fact, I was one of the members at Borealis that kept pushing for the white dial and Maria finally caved in, lol.

I love. love, love the dial color and design. I love the case shape. I love the bracelet. I love the vintaged-domed sapphire crystal.

The cons for me are as follows:

I love the bracelet, but couldn't wear it because the minimum wrist size seems to be 7". I have a 6.75" sized wrist :(

The crown sticks too far out for my liking. This is the main reason I sold it.

It is still a great value and a beautiful piece.

Congrats!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Such an odd an interesting piece. Better have a nice big flat spot on the wrist for that case I would imagine.

To me it does look a bit odd with the bracelet on, but sits more naturally with an isofrane style rubber. We'll see, at the price I got it I don't think I would have a problem flipping it and coming out even. I like the pics and specs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
To me it does look a bit odd with the bracelet on, but sits more naturally with an isofrane style rubber. We'll see, at the price I got it I don't think I would have a problem flipping it and coming out even. I like the pics and specs.

Yea- I like it but it's one of those that I think I would have to see in the flesh and try on since it is pretty unconventional in its design.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Yea- I like it but it's one of those that I think I would have to see in the flesh and try on since it is pretty unconventional in its design.
Or buy it and if you don't like it flip it. These are fairly rarr. Something like 50 of each color so you can probably flip it pretty quick without much loss.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or buy it and if you don't like it flip it. These are fairly rarr. Something like 50 of each color so you can probably flip it pretty quick without much loss.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's my thought process. I'd be surprised if I didn't make a few bucks on top of what I paid with the extra rubber strap too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

So it's the honeymoon phase still but can't believe how nice this watch is for the $$..snagging one of these for sub 300 is a steal! Beautiful

1 - 12 of 12 Posts