Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had been looking for one of these for ages. They have either been to expensive, or a bit battered. If you want to buy one from the manufacturer you have to leave a 50% deposit, and then wait for them to contact you. The wait time is indefinite, and when they have enough deposits they close the door. With postage the cost is about $350, but the watches are meant to be excellent. I won an unworn on ebay last night for £217 inc P&P ($245). This is amazing, as ones as good as this normally sell around the $400 mark in the UK (a lot cheaper in the US). 41.5 dial, 11.3m depth, 48mm lug to lug, 300m water resist, top class bracelet, anti reflectant flat sapphire, and the great Miyota 9015 high beat movement. Although it doesn't look like it on the photo, this a is a blue to black dial with the dark blue 120 click PVD bezel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good for you, that’s my favorite color of those. I’m looking forward to your hands on impressions.

·
Super Moderator
9,953 Posts
Can totally see the blue to black, black to blue abilities that this beauty
has Mrs. Wiggles ! 😵😎 Can just imagine how phenomenal it will be
in person, and out in the sunlight right?! 👀 Seriously just that cool effect
alone, along with having the 9015 inside is terrific. Then the brand new,
unworn things rocks ! ..Yowza, what a get, as well as find MW !!!

Like Trip said, it's going to be really fun hearing how you like this ! (y)
A Big congrats ahead of time on this Borealis !!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good for you, that’s my favorite color of those. I’m looking forward to your hands on impressions.
Arrived to day. Wound it a little, shook it a little, and it has a beat error of 0.0 and an accuracy of 0. Seriously, it runs like a quartz watch with a smooth sweep. The build quality is fantastic, and it genuinely feels like you are handling a watch that costs many times as more. I would have liked a divers extension, albeit I will never go divine, and although the watch fits beautifully, it is just a tad flat. I paid £217, but if I had paid £500 I would still give it a 9/10

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am a tight wad, I found a place on eBay that sells Condor bracelets with the ratchet clasps.

They sell the ones with a ratchet and without, make sure you order the two button clasp ones.
I got several in 18, 20, and 22mm. I just switch clasps out in my divers, toss the original clasp in the watch box it came in and toss the bracelet in my pile of ones I don’t use. Of course I have been able to use a few on some straight lug watches, but they mostly sit in a pile. It is way cheaper than buying a ratchet clasp elsewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts