Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived from Portugal - the Borealis Batial! After buying the Borealis Scorpionfish last year (picked up black and white dials with plongeur hands), Borealis has been on my radar. The Batial model really appealed to me - I don't have a bronze watch in the collection, and the look/specs/price of the Batial made me take the leap and pre-order. It did not disappoint - the bronze case and buckle are great, the lume is fantastic (last night I charged with flashlight and 8 hours later I could still make out the time in a dark room), and it's the perfect size at 44mm. I went with the black dial, but there is no wrong choice in the bunch - they all look fantastic - but I am happy with my choice. I like that it is one solid case with no rotating bezel and it is very comfortable on the wrist. Borealis has a winner here and I'm looking forward to their other pre-order watches (I have 2 of the Estoril 300 and 2 of the Seafarer II on preorder). Borealis has been getting most of my watch budget lately! I'd definitely recommend the Batial and look forward to the patina developing. Took a few quick pics - not sure why the lume looks blueish in the pics, but it is definitely green C3 lume (charged for a few seconds with a flashlight). Nice job Borealis!

·
Banned
754 Posts
Big congrats on that beauty ! Looks amazing.

I'm ordering the green no date soon. Will probably be my last attempt (4th) at bronze if I don't love it but I'm feeling optimistic.

The sexy lines and dial really make it a winner !

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Has a Lum-Tec vibe to it, very nice. They have been on a roll lately, I just might have to add one to my watch box someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts