Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, have you checked out this half pilot's watch, half smart watch?

It's the Voyage Clever. A hybrid smart watch, and classic styled pilot's watch from a brand you may, or may not have heard of called BOLDR.

Each Voyage Clever has the classic triangle, and dot marker, along with aviation style hands, and markings were used to seeing with aviation watches. It even has a sandwich dial that comes in six colors. Such as blue sky, military green, gunmetal grey, vintage brown, clean white, and a classic black. Cases measure 43mm, and have water resistance of 30 meters also. Movement is Citizen Miyota's 2025 quartz, but an added Smartmodule allows for calls, alerts, messages, and also tracks your exercise guys. The finishing touch is a cool leather strap.

Have a look...

Worn & Wound with more...

http://wornandwound.com/2015/08/26/boldr-watches-and-the-voyage-clever-watch/

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not bad. Perhaps the first smart watch that I would actually consider acquiring. Personally speaking, I've never been a fan of the smart watch phenomenon; it's more fad than anything else, and just like any fad, it too will pass.

However, this little piece has got me re-thinking my current position on smart watches. This may actually be how watches of the future may look like, with a melding of the old and the new. The only caveat (and this has been my main gripe with smart watches), is the regular need for recharging, which the BOLDR has apparently solved (up to 6 months of battery charge for the tech part of the watch).

·
Banned
754 Posts
Gotta disagree there, bentfish. Smart watches are here to stay, just like smart phones and tablets. I have no desire to get one currently but one day I may. I'm still stuck on my diver fever so a pilot isn't for me just yet but I can definitely appreciate the beauty of this new brand. Up to 6 month battery charge sounds like great improvement.

These watches feel like that perfect cross between the pilot watch and the Dick Tracy watch, very nice !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts