Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Watch Freek
A while ago, I asked for your opinion about this watch, I followed them and got more and more interest, until I read a fabulous article on ABTW yesterday Bohen Launches An Elegant, Over-Engineered Dive Watch With The Mille-Mer | aBlogtoWatch
Say yeah, I made my reservation. So excited for it. 馃槄馃槄
I like the design and specification. They haven't said as much, but I think it's a decorated ETA 2824 movement, but that's a good thing. Unfortunately they have gone for great water resistance, and as a result have made the watch very large. I would have preferred a 200m version with smaller dimensions. If you have the wrist to cope with it, I think you have got yourself a really good watch, ENJOY

Super Moderator
Holy cow Chris, that is so cool to hear ! 馃槻馃槑

Yup, I know that you had your eye on this showstopper,
but wasn鈥檛 sure if you were going to go for it, or not. But
now we have the answer ! :D And you know a watch
like this will stand out in the collection forever imho. o_O
I mean it鈥檚 like this vintage meets futuristic masterpiece
when you think about it.

And now it鈥檚 going to be on your wrist ! A HUGE congrats
ahead of time to you !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the design and specification. They haven't said as much, but I think it's a decorated ETA 2824 movement, but that's a good thing. Unfortunately they have gone for great water resistance, and as a result have made the watch very large. I would have preferred a 200m version with smaller dimensions. If you have the wrist to cope with it, I think you have got yourself a really good watch, ENJOY
They selected the movement Soprod, to me, for the solidity, I have no doubt on the movement ETA, but for the finish I must say Soprod's is much nicer and they are 100% Swiss movement (I am not sure in case of ETA, I read a lot of rumors). I do not have a big wrist but just the matter of taste, I personally like robust watches, the Mille Mer is not bigger than the Rolex Deepsea, to me it's perfect and if you see the values of quality vs price and its original design, I find it's just fantastic time piece. Look at these photos of movement on ABTW, just amazingly beautiful...

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy cow Chris, that is so cool to hear ! 馃槻馃槑

Yup, I know that you had your eye on this showstopper,
but wasn鈥檛 sure if you were going to go for it, or not. But
now we have the answer ! :D And you know a watch
like this will stand out in the collection forever imho. o_O
I mean it鈥檚 like this vintage meets futuristic masterpiece
when you think about it.

And now it鈥檚 going to be on your wrist ! A HUGE congrats
ahead of time to you !!!
Thanks Tom, I was so excited, could not resist to share this with you guys here.
Yes, I kept studying and reading lots of discussions about this watch on other forums including french forums. There are heaps of communications on the Mille Mer among the Francophone forums as they are French company, but I only made my decision yesterday when I read the fabulous article on ABTW.

Long Time Member
Do not like wear the crown is and I agree that the size issue. Unless you plan on using the watch as a deep sea fishing weight trying to catch giant squid or something, it is more an ego exercise than practical IMHO. a 100 to 200 meter depth rating wold have reduced the need for the larger case and might have resulted in more buyers based just on the large case.

Super Moderator
Thanks Tom, I was so excited, could not resist to share this with you guys here.
Yes, I kept studying and reading lots of discussions about this watch on other forums including french forums. There are heaps of communications on the Mille Mer among the Francophone forums as they are French company, but I only made my decision yesterday when I read the fabulous article on ABTW.
Don鈥檛 mention it. 馃檪 All the thanks goes to you for just
giving us this ultra cool glimpse of this masterpiece, as
well as letting us share in the excitement ! 馃槈 馃槑

I love how you enjoyed this one from the get-go, and
then did even more research to end up being impressed
by this one even more. (y) It鈥檚 going to be Incredible
when it gets to you Chris. 馃榾

1 - 7 of 7 Posts