Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the second Datejust homage arrived today, and this one is going back as well. The watch looks nice, but it is too large at 42mm even on my 8" wrist and heavy as a Dive watch.

I think I am giving up on this style of watch, and the two-tone in person just isn’t knocking my socks off, not my style!

Back to the drawing board. The yellow Komandarskie should be coming in any day now….

20200717_112235_resized_2 by Charles Ford, on Flickr

20200717_112259_resized_2 by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Well the second Datejust homage arrived today, and this one is going back as well. The watch looks nice, but it is too large at 42mm even on my 8" wrist and heavy as a Dive watch.

I think I am giving up on this style of watch, and the two-tone in person just isn’t knocking my socks off, not my style!

Back to the drawing board. The yellow Komandarskie should be coming in any day now….

Chaz, you know better. You don't get something for nothing

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Sounds like it just isn't meant to be right now with the Datejust homage
Chaz. I mean it looks really sharp, but not liking the two-tone, and size
is tough sir. At least you have the yellow Komandarskie on the way !
Plus don't forget, you had said if you liked that one, that there might
be a green one in your future as well. 😀 Either way, things are on
track to work out !

In a strange way it actually can be a good thing when things don't
work out. Because it leads you in a either a different direction. Or
even the same direction, but with a different, and better outcome. 😉

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like it just isn't meant to be right now with the Datejust homage
Chaz. I mean it looks really sharp, but not liking the two-tone, and size
is tough sir. At least you have the yellow Komandarskie on the way !
Plus don't forget, you had said if you liked that one, that there might
be a green one in your future as well. 😀 Either way, things are on
track to work out !

In a strange way it actually can be a good thing when things don't
work out. Because it leads you in a either a different direction. Or
even the same direction, but with a different, and better outcome. 😉

Back to the drawing board, it is! I was drawn to the Datejust style because I lack a "Dress Watch" type in my collection if you could call a Datejust a dress watch. Have been eyeing this one for a while and it is definitely a dress watch, also square dial and solar, with no second hands. Reminds me of the Hamilton, Bulova and Benrus watch the men wore in the 50's. The strap will be too short but a Barton quick-release alligator strap (long) will fit the bill. I also have gold rings I hardly ever wear because they class with a stainless steel watch.

What do you think?

s-l300 by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Back to the drawing board, it is! I was drawn to the Datejust style because I lack a "Dress Watch" type in my collection if you could call a Datejust a dress watch. Have been eyeing this one for a while and it is definitely a dress watch, also square dial and solar, with no second hands. Reminds me of the Hamilton, Bulova and Benrus watch the men wore in the 50's. The strap will be too short but a Barton quick-release alligator strap (long) will fit the bill. I also have gold rings I hardly ever wear because they class with a stainless steel watch.

What do you think?

It's not you Chaz...There are date just watches out there. There called Rolex.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Opps, just looked through my watch boxes and found this, so Mr. Seiko 50's Bulova style is out as well, already have a square dial dress watch????

20200717_164048_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts

What do you think?

😄

I was going to say it was nice Chaz just because of that 50’s
look combined with the solar theme. However, then had seen
Forza’s point, along with that sweet Skagen ! 😎

All of this is actually so fun, and exciting because everything is
actually up in the air, and spontaneous sir. 😉 It’s almost like
this constantly shifting surprise for both you, and all of us each
day in trying to narrow down that next catch ! 😀

·
Registered
269 Posts

That's a really hard word to pronounce :)

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom, check out this Repdigg new vendor, he's selling fake watches!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts