Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if Seiko has plans to release next gen version of the Blumo? Has it been around long enough to warrant one?

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Anybody know if Seiko has plans to release next gen version of the Blumo? Has it been around long enough to warrant one?
Seiko tends to hold onto models like that for quite a while, and then retire them completely. Not sure if we would ever see a updated Sumo beyond more possible LE editions.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,890 Posts
It would be kind of hard to upgrade something that is near perfection.

For a brand new watch that cost me $415 delivered, it is just as high of quality as watches I paid over $2K for.

The only stock improvement they could make that would make it 100% would be a sapphire crystal.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
They did just put out a Limited Edition Sumo, the SBDC027 with a homage dial to the original 62MAS diver and a sapphire crystal. Only in black, and quite a markup for a small upgrade.

For a brand new watch that cost me $415 delivered, it is just as high of quality as watches I paid over $2K for.

The only stock improvement they could make that would make it 100% would be a sapphire crystal.

·
3,979 Posts
Chazzman
I clicked "Like" because this is one baaad asss watch.
I have 6 Seikos of one iteration or tuther. But none of
holds a candle to this one!!!!
Wear n enjoy Bro.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Fully agree. Wish it came with Saphire crystal. The blue color is sweet!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Chazzman
I clicked "Like" because this is one baaad asss watch.
I have 6 Seikos of one iteration or tuther. But none of
holds a candle to this one!!!!
Wear n enjoy Bro.

X traindriver Art

I completely agree. I have an orange dial Sumo which is much more casual looking. Many times I've thought about getting a blue or black dial.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts