Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
View attachment 72506 View attachment 72514 (Pictures borrowed from the seller) Good morning fellow Freeks, just won by auction my very first automatic. Being my first I did not want to outlay a lot of money, read good things about this watch for the price point.
It will be here on Monday very much looking forward to receiving it.
I will be wearing it as my daily beater rotating with an Eco-Drive divers.

I will post pics and impressions when it arrives.

Regards Gary...

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Well Done!!! Orient is always solid. Congrats!!

Reactions: desk_diver

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Only caveat is, if this is your first automatic and you don't plan on wearing it every other day, you may want to invest is a cheap, but reliable watch winder, other wise resetting it every time put it on and then shaking the thing for a 1/2 minute to get it running, may be a turn off.

Here’s mine on a Staib Mesh bracelet.

I have this watch winder for going on 6 years now, works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Diplomat-Single-Black-Watch-Winder/dp/B002CVUO9C/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1438445925&sr=1-5&keywords=watch+winder

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
Beautiful looking watch Gary ! :) Congratulations ahead of time to you ! ..The blue is so nice, and check out the unique look of the hands, and markers !!! Will be great to hear what you think of this when it arrives.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Very nice. The only problem is that, once you own an automatic, you probably won't buy another quartz. And, you are going to need some watch winders. Welcome to the next, more expensive phase of watch collecting.

Congratulations on your new acquisition, and wear it in good health my friend!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only caveat is, if this is your first automatic and you don't plan on wearing it every other day, you may want to invest is a cheap, but reliable watch winder, other wise resetting it every time put it on and then shaking the thing for a 1/2 minute to get it running, may be a turn off.

Here’s mine on a Staib Mesh bracelet.

I have this watch winder for going on 6 years now, works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Diplomat-Single-Black-Watch-Winder/dp/B002CVUO9C/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1438445925&sr=1-5&keywords=watch+winder
Looking good on the mesh, planning to wear mine at least every other day as I will probably rotate it with another diver as my daily beater.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice. The only problem is that, once you own an automatic, you probably won't buy another quartz. And, you are going to need some watch winders. Welcome to the next, more expensive phase of watch collecting.

Congratulations on your new acquisition, and wear it in good health my friend!
That is my main concern, this automatic could be a pivotal point for my watch rotation.
Well here goes and possibly in another direction can't wait.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanks for the comments peeps, I will keep you posted it arrives.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Great watch, great brand and a good choice. You'll soon grow accustomed to the quirks that a mechanical watch brings with it. Setting the time every couple of days, adjusting the date, etc. But these are Zen moments, you become a keeper of time, not a mere watch owner...... Enjoy, you have entered a whole new universe :welcome:

·
Registered
233 Posts
i have considered that watch on more than one occasion. Love the blue. Congratulations. As far as shaking it that half minute and setting the date. I consider that part of the thrill of having several automatics and no winder. I'm a watch guy, no big deal to set it to me. I will admit to having not set the date at all for a night out. Just the time.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have considered that watch on more than one occasion. Love the blue. Congratulations. As far as shaking it that half minute and setting the date. I consider that part of the thrill of having several automatics and no winder. I'm a watch guy, no big deal to set it to me. I will admit to having not set the date at all for a night out. Just the time.
Looking forward to tinkering with it, all the watches I have at the moment need very little or no input, especially my atomic Skyhawk had it 6 years never needed the slightest attention.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have both the Black Mako and the XL. XL has a creame colored dial.
Has a regular spot in my rotation. Bet you love it. I wanna get an
Orient Flight next purchase

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very nice, look forward to seeing your pics.

I quit setting anything other than the time on my autos a while back as day/date isn't much of a necessity for me.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Arrived today folks, first impressions are excellent especially for the price point it feels very solid and it is well finished.
It came on a stainless steel bracelet which again for the price point is actually very good baring the hollow end links. I was planning to wear it on a Steveo Para so not much of an issue.
Can't comment too much at the moment as it has only been on my wrist a short couple of hours.
Very impressed though looks and feels far more expensive than it actually was.

In a nutshell superb!

A few quick phone pictures.

First automatic this could take my current rotation in a new direction, not a bad thing but will be a lot more expensive.

Regards Gary.

Reactions: Howard Beale

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Looks very cool Gary!! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts