Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Friday chaps!

Following my post earlier this week regarding the Baume & Mercier Classima 8692, I'm getting dangerously close to ordering this (online as there are no AD's for miles around) and am getting last minute jitters. I've seen some glorious photos of the watch, but there are hardly any decent wrist shots to see.

All of my current watches (10 in total) all have either black or dark blue dials, but they are either divers or pilots so that kinda makes sense.

For my first formal dress watch I prefer the idea of a white dial as I think it would be a bit more versatile, and perhaps I could dress it down a little more easily if I want. My concern is that I'm a white guy living in the UK (*read, pale) and I'm worried about it just looking a bit washed out and rubbish on my sub-tan wrist.

Apologies for such a girly question, but what do you guys think? Does a white dial matter, or should I play it safe and find an alternative dark dial watch?

Cheers easy!

James :smile-thumb:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Go White. I think you'll be fine. (Pic stolen from the net)

Reactions: Jams_123

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Since you're heavy on black, you should snag the white. Change is good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jams_123

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
There is NOTHING wrong with a white dial watch...they are very classy and dressy in the right watch. Just don't do a white band..only Gerald can pull that off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Nothing wrong w/ a white dialed timepiece in my eyes esp. for dressy pieces.
I own 3 white dials they look classy IMO.

"JUST DO IT"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts