Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What a joke. I purchased a watch through them about 3 weeks ago. I bought the watch at WorldofWatches.com. First they made me jump through hoops just to get them to honor the 10% cashback and then today they sent me an email stating that they cancelled my cashback because WOW told them that I returned the watch.

I called WOW this morning and they had no idea what I was even talking about. They showed everything was good to go and that the watch met all the Bing requirements. Bing and I have been emailing back and forth all day and they just finally emailed me and basically called WOW a liar and me a liar. I know it's only $14.40, but it is a matter of principal. They completely wasted my time on this whole ordeal. This experience has told me how unethical Microsoft (Bing) is. I was totally offended by the way they handled this. I gave them everything they requested and then they just stuck a knife in my back. Sorry I just thought I would vent. I know it's not worth getting worked up over, but how pathetic is that??? Professionalism does not exist in corporate world anymore. Whatever happened to "The Customer is always right"?? Anyways I'm done now.

:madd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,217 Posts
imported post

Well you now know not to buy there again. and everybody that reads this wont buy there I know I wont
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
What a joke. I purchased a watch through them about 3 weeks ago. I bought the watch at WorldofWatches.com. First they made me jump through hoops just to get them to honor the 10% cashback and then today they sent me an email stating that they cancelled my cashback because WOW told them that I returned the watch.

I called WOW this morning and they had no idea what I was even talking about. They showed everything was good to go and that the watch met all the Bing requirements. Bing and I have been emailing back and forth all day and they just finally emailed me and basically called WOW a liar and me a liar. I know it's only $14.40, but it is a matter of principal. They completely wasted my time on this whole ordeal. This experience has told me how unethical Microsoft (Bing) is. I was totally offended by the way they handled this. I gave them everything they requested and then they just stuck a knife in my back. Sorry I just thought I would vent. I know it's not worth getting worked up over, but how pathetic is that??? Professionalism does not exist in corporate world anymore. Whatever happened to "The Customer is always right"?? Anyways I'm done now.

:madd
The correct response for you now is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, you will get your money after a few more weeks once BING has been contacted by the BBB. http://www.bbb.org/

You should also consider filing a complaint with the FBI's internet crime division found here, http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
imported post

this is why i didnt waste my time with the BING thing
i heard too many stories about BS with them

JMHO
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

Someone if they have the time should follow Tera's advice that has had an issue with them. Only way to get them to stop the BS.

Tera-Ram wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
What a joke. I purchased a watch through them about 3 weeks ago. I bought the watch at WorldofWatches.com. First they made me jump through hoops just to get them to honor the 10% cashback and then today they sent me an email stating that they cancelled my cashback because WOW told them that I returned the watch.

I called WOW this morning and they had no idea what I was even talking about. They showed everything was good to go and that the watch met all the Bing requirements. Bing and I have been emailing back and forth all day and they just finally emailed me and basically called WOW a liar and me a liar. I know it's only $14.40, but it is a matter of principal. They completely wasted my time on this whole ordeal. This experience has told me how unethical Microsoft (Bing) is. I was totally offended by the way they handled this. I gave them everything they requested and then they just stuck a knife in my back. Sorry I just thought I would vent. I know it's not worth getting worked up over, but how pathetic is that??? Professionalism does not exist in corporate world anymore. Whatever happened to "The Customer is always right"?? Anyways I'm done now.

:madd
The correct response for you now is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, you will get your money after a few more weeks once BING has been contacted by the BBB. http://www.bbb.org/

You should also consider filing a complaint with the FBI's internet crime division found here, http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
imported post

I know it's less than $15 but I'd give them one chance and BING I'd hammer 'em. They have to keep fraud down, but if WoW backs you up, I wouldn't let them off the hook.


BTW, DJPOP:
This isn't World of Watches' fault, it's BING. I've only had positive experiences with WoW and their service is legendary (no pun intended)

David
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Oh believe me I'm not letting this one go. I was contacted again this morning and they have now referred me to somebody else. This has been going on for 2 days now. They won't even contact WOW to verify the validity of my allegation towards them. WOW does not know why this is happening. I still have the watch and I payed the full price through PayPal. What a bunch of crooks. My next step will be to contact the BBB and the FBI. This is pathetic. I told them to cancel my account with them and they won't. This is crazy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

argabright wrote:
I know it's less than $15 but I'd give them one chance and BING I'd hammer 'em. They have to keep fraud down, but if WoW backs you up, I wouldn't let them off the hook.


BTW, DJPOP:
This isn't World of Watches' fault, it's BING. I've only had positive experiences with WoW and their service is legendary (no pun intended)

David
David is correct. My beef isn't with WOW it is with Bing. WOW has been great thus far. Bing is a joke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Oh believe me I'm not letting this one go. I was contacted again this morning and they have now referred me to somebody else. This has been going on for 2 days now. They won't even contact WOW to verify the validity of my allegation towards them. WOW does not know why this is happening. I still have the watch and I payed the full price through PayPal. What a bunch of crooks. My next step will be to contact the BBB and the FBI. This is pathetic. I told them to cancel my account with them and they won't. This is crazy.
GREAT FOR YOU! Since you paid through paypal, you could file a "Significantly Not As Described" dispute, BUT the one that would suffer from this could be WOW not BING.

It could be worth the additional effort to contact paypal CSR to discuss what the possibilities are.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Oh believe me I'm not letting this one go. I was contacted again this morning and they have now referred me to somebody else. This has been going on for 2 days now. They won't even contact WOW to verify the validity of my allegation towards them. WOW does not know why this is happening. I still have the watch and I payed the full price through PayPal. What a bunch of crooks. My next step will be to contact the BBB and the FBI. This is pathetic. I told them to cancel my account with them and they won't. This is crazy.
GREAT FOR YOU! Since you paid through paypal, you could file a "Significantly Not As Described" dispute, BUT the one that would suffer from this could be WOW not BING.

It could be worth the additional effort to contact paypal CSR to discuss what the possibilities are.
That's a good idea. I'm just tired of hearing how crooked Bing has been when it comes to paying legitamate cash backs. I think it's time they be dealt with. I would like to send them a bill for the time I've spent on this matter. LOL!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,308 Posts
imported post

Bill Gate$ is, like, a gazillionaire. He needs your fourteen bucks. Did you see what he did to a million X-box users that moded their consoles, BANNED, from X-boxlive forever. Well at least the consoles are. Happened to someone I know. I told him that Bill Gates runs the world and he'll be lucky if he doesn't come up missing someday.



Even the Mexican drug cartel's afraid of senior Bill Gate$



So let that fourteen dollars go before Bill and his henchmen show up at your door.



And if you can't.....

Well, we're gonna miss you.:%
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

toecutter wrote:
Bill Gate$ is, like, a gazillionaire. He needs your fourteen bucks. Did you see what he did to a million X-box users that moded their consoles, BANNED, from X-boxlive forever. Well at least the consoles are. Happened to someone I know. I told him that Bill Gates runs the world and he'll be lucky if he doesn't come up missing someday.



Even the Mexican drug cartel's afraid of senior Bill Gate$



So let that fourteen dollars go before Bill and his henchmen show up at your door.



And if you can't.....

Well, we're gonna miss you.:%
Oh they have stopped responding to me now. So I would imagine at this point it will require me wasting more time so I'm not going to worry about it. Like I said I could care less about the money it's just a matter of principle.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Now they have told me that they are going to verify with WOW that I didn't return the watch. This means they will contact me in 2 weeks and cancel my refund again. Ring around the rosies. These people must think I'm stupid. It's actually kind of amusing now. I can't believe they won't just honor their policy and send me a check.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top