Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I posted this on another forum and feel it is important to re-post here also.

- - - - - -
9/1/09: For the good of everyone here, I am going to document my entire buying experience with the A.I.R. Watches webiste.

1) many people have seen me post about my desire to find a larger size (47mm or up) yellow face Invicta model like the great Grand Diver 3048.

2) On September 1, 2009 a thread was posted in the "Hot Deal" section for the Invicta Piranha 3036 at http://watchgeeks.net/showthread.php?t=48631 . This is a VERY cool looking stainless steel case and band with a cool yellow face, etc. I did some research on a bunch of different sites and learned about the model. I liked the watch a lot.

3) This watch was being sold on the A.I.R Watches website.

4) I placed my order for the 3036 BEFORE I read any of the negative comments others had made about A.I.R Watches in a different thread - http://watchgeeks.net/showthread.php?t=48003

AT THIS POINT I HAVE NO REASON TO BE WORRIED AND NOTHING NEGATIVE TO REPORT.

5) The purchasing process was easy and smooth and I quickly received a copy of my receipt/invoice in my email inbox after ordering. Here is a copy of the notification I received:

Quote: Dear XXXXXXXX:
Your order number is: XXXXX
Order Total: 129.89
If you placed an order for a clock or are shipping to Hawaii or Alaska, we will contact you with the shipping charge. Most orders are processed within 24-48 hours. Delivery times range from 5 to 12 'business' days (days when businesses are open). Delivery will be via the U.S. Postal Service or via United Parcel Service within the United States.
Once again, thank you for shopping at airwatches.com! Come again!

airwatches.com Your Online Timepiece Super-Store
http://www.airwatches.com/
[email protected]
6) Hopefully tomorrow everything will continue to move forward positively and I will receive word about the watch being shipped out.

7) I will be calling THEM first thing in the morning to check on my order.

- - - - - - -
9/2/09: 8:30am - I called the posted number for the company (212-206-0077) and got their answering machine.
- I left a detailed message with my order number and that I wanted to confirm that the watch would be shipped out today (or find out what the shipping/delivery would be).
- I said on the message that I would be calling back in 1-2 hours to follow up if I did not hear from them.

- - - - - - - -
9/2/09: 9:32am - DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I AM ON MY MOBILE PHONE AND WILL UPDATE MORE LATER WHEN I GET TO MY COMPUTER.

I CALLED AGAIN AT 9:30AM AND WAS TOLD THAT "the entire company" was closed for a week and until next Wed. i was angry and asked him what would happen with my order. "Jack" told me that nothing would happen and no money had been charged to my card yet - and nothing would until the owner got back in a week.
I told him it was COMPLETELY WRONG for them not to have a message on their site about the status of orders. I also told him that they were going to be trashed on every watch site, form and blog I could find. i also mentioned to him that they are a company based in the USA (NY) and that it was probably illegal for them to be advertising items for sale that they did not have and then trying to bait and switch people to other items.

- - - - - - - - - -
9/2/09: 9:43 - I plan to follow this for the next week. I will verify that nothing has been charged to my card and if that is true, then I will wait until next Wed. to see what happens and keep reporting to everyone.
I HIGHLY recommend that the owners of this site (watch geeks) make some "sticky" post about this company. AIR Watches have NO notice on their website that the company is basically closed and no orders will be processed. That being said they ARE still taking orders through their site and sending out confirmation emails with processing information and time tables.

My good friend is an attorney in NYC. if this turns out to be a real scam, then there are enough people here who have had issues with this company to escalate it to the next level since they are based in NY. hopefully that will not be the case.

For now I wait and see what happens. as I originally posted - if I actually receive the watch that was advertised as available then I will be happy.

since I am not at home can someone please go update the other thread with the yellow watch for sale and advise people NOT to buy from this company at this time.

- -- - - - - - -
9:32 PM EST - 9:30pm EST: Still no email communication from them since this morning's phone conversation - not that I expected any.

We will see what tomorrow brings, if anything.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

After doing a little research I learned that there are multiple stories on many websites about this same company and people ordering one watch and then getting a call the next day that the company did not have the watch and asking if they wanted another. classic bait and switch. They show everything available on their website and do not have any info if the item is actually in stock or not. Very frustrating and misleading.

I will keep updating everyone in this post as to what happens with this situtaion. But buyer beware of this site.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
imported post

Wow thats juat Crazy James.. Maybe I can sell them a few hundred pieces I have here LOL.. Im sorry to hear that happened to you or anyone.. Its not easy stocking and babysitting all these Watches but you cant have a Store with empty shelves , not even in cyberspace !!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The end result was I never got the watch. They did not really have it even though it said they did. Communication was horrible and I would never buy from that site again in the future. Just my experience 2 years ago. This is a very old topic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
imported post

Received Chase-Durer UDT XL 1000 ,was not in stock at time of order, but they did inform me about that , but they kept me posted.
very Happy with my new watch

·
Registered
3 Posts
imported post

Hi, im new to this forum thing and i just got hooked on watches. I really dig the Invicta 7001 model, so I placed an order with mentioned company on August 3. I put a rush on it, so when it didnt arrive when I expected, I sent them an e-mail on August 5 asking about my order. I recieved a call about two hours later. The dude tells me that they dont have it instock... I check my card balance daily and I have not been charged, but im sweating it. Sent them anoter e-mail today and decided to do search on reviews for this company and ran into your forum. Well, I got two questions. Should I expect to get the watch I wanted at all? And second, should I be worried about my personal information (address, credit card #...)

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

50pilot wrote:
Hi, im new to this forum thing and i just got hooked on watches. I really dig the Invicta 7001 model, so I placed an order with mentioned company on August 3. I put a rush on it, so when it didnt arrive when I expected, I sent them an e-mail on August 5 asking about my order. I recieved a call about two hours later. The dude tells me that they dont have it instock... I check my card balance daily and I have not been charged, but im sweating it. Sent them anoter e-mail today and decided to do search on reviews for this company and ran into your forum. Well, I got two questions. Should I expect to get the watch I wanted at all? And second, should I be worried about my personal information (address, credit card #...)
You should call them. They have a phone number I believe.
I would call. That is what I did way back when.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
imported post

Thanks TVDinner. I am really excited with this watch hoarding and forum posting thing. I really hope to havethis Invicta 7001 in my possesion soon. I hope this company completes their transaction with me.I will post on here my experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sent emails and 2 phone cals to check to see if actually have a watch in stock I'm looking for. So far the silence is deafening. I'll pay more and get it from a reputable site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts