·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Best deals? Unquestionably it was 2 Craig's List purchases I made from private sellers.
1) I purchased a rosetone and silver SAS off Craig's List for $200. This was when the SAS was still selling everywhere for $600-700
2) And then a week later I purchased an all gold SAN III (gold bracelet also) for $150, also from Craig's list. This is when the all stainless steel SAN III models were still in the $400+ range.

Instead of keeping or sitting on these 2 watches I got very lucky by immediately moving them. I traded those 2 watches for a combined total of 8 (eight) watches. I then took those 8 watches and either sold or traded all of them for other watches I wanted or just plain cash I was able to bank.

Those 2 local purchases basically funded over 6 months of buying and trading.

I literally stole those 2 watches.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

for me it would be the Anonimo Wayfarer 2 and the Polluce, both are Approx $4500 each and up Retail...Real retail unlike Invictas Idea of retail, and I got each for about Half of that...or a lil less even......

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Even though I've been very happy with my purchases this year I think the best "deal" was the Zodiac Dragon Wing from Blingdaily.

What was it? Somewhere around $80 or so?

Can't remember.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Bump

I know you guys love to talk about your watches. Here is your chance.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

These are my best 5 watch purchases for 2009 . . .

I realize that these aren't necessarily my best "deals" in terms of reduction in price (well, the Oris purchases were totally killer deals [a total of 4 killer Oris deals in 2009]) but they are deals in terms of acquiring the specific watch (for it's movement).

[align=center]1. Stuhrling Original Imperial Tourbillon #69 (Caliber ST-93311 [base 3310])

2. Invicta SAIII Auto Chrono (Valjoux7751)

3. Oris TT3 Titanium on Rubber (Caliber 635)

4. Oris TT1 on Bracelet (Caliber 633)

5. Invicta Signature Grand Diver (SW200)

[/align]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.