Watch Freeks banner

Best Purchase?

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  UKWolfeman 
#1 ·
imported post

Thought it was only fitting to have this thread since we have all discussed our dumbest watch purchases. Ofcourse with new watch purchases either thread could change. I will start by saying that I have a two way tie.......will post some pics later. My choices are based on economics and just happen to be my two favs as well.

1. Chase Durer Crossfire

1a. NFW AutoPilot

Both watches are as solid as they come. Some people may not like the specific case designs or whatever but for the money spent these watches have got to be tops for best bang for buck. Crossfire provides a solid movement, case design, fit and feel. I only put the Crossfire slightly ahead of my AP because the Crossfire is a $1000 watch (at least my variation)and the shop cleared them out for $400 so I just view that as slightly edging the AP. The AP with the bracelet is just a solid beast of a watch and the bracelet imo turns a $350 watch into an $800-$850 watch but buying directly from George you can get in below $500. I really think George gave those of us that purchased the bracelets a great deal. I really feel that the bracelet is a $500 or more style bracelet. What do you have to say about those bracelets George? Hopefully George will comment on the AP bracelets so folks can get a real good feel for what they are all about.

PS -- You do not have to look at this soley from an economic stand point............

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

Well if we are talking about my "best purchase" from a value standpoint then it is my 2 Invicta Scubas (Silver 6090 and Blue 6091).

I love all of my watches, but I can not think of another watch in my collection that has the same weight, style, and MY PERSONAL LIKE OF IT, for the ridiculously low price I spent.

I have way more expensive watches that I like A LOT also, but if considering "best purchase" then currently it is the 2 Scubas. Both of these get an incredible amount of actual wrist time as well, further making them a "best purchase" to me.

#3 ·
imported post

James if I could have a 1b it would be my Scuba as well for the same reasons.

TVDinner wrote:
Well if we are talking about my "best purchase" from a value standpoint then it is my 2 Invicta Scubas (Silver 6090 and Blue 6091).

I love all of my watches, but I can not think of another watch in my collection that has the same weight, style, and MY PERSONAL LIKE OF IT, for the ridiculously low price I spent.

I have way more expensive watches that I like A LOT also, but if considering "best purchase" then currently it is the 2 Scubas. Both of these get an incredible amount of actual wrist time as well, further making them a "best purchase" to me.

#9 ·
imported post

I need to preface my best one. Its hard to pick which one really. years ago, martin braun was a dealer for NB Yaeger.I bought one.The crown stopped working so it was sent to braun.They fixed it, but the crown was still pretty bad.So mr. braun said he'd help me out if I decided to buy a martin Braun. While cruising ebay, a teutonia B was being auctioned.NIB and NOS. worth about 3500.00 when it 1st came out. I got it for 690.00.It arrived still in its wrappers, hang tags and the timing sheet signed by martin braun.I wound it up.It ran for about 5 seconds then died.yep.But it looked new.I emailed mr. braun about this teutonia.He was actually excited about the find.He gave me a rma to send it to their service center.Its stoll and company now for martin braun.Since this had never been used, he gave me the 2 year warranty and restored the watch.That only required a movement service.The oils had dried up and caused it to stop.Also one of the dial screws was loose.I got it back in 3 weeks.Didn't cost me anything.Martin remembered his remark about the yaeger and made good on it. heres the watch.this has a puw 1564 east german movement housed in the martin braun german case. pretty cool.

#13 ·
imported post

My best deal: $39.88 BNIB from eWatches

#14 ·
imported post

That's an easy one for me. Although I have had many other watches in my lifetime...one new purchase stands out among them all. I have Larry Magen to thank for it...it is my Madman Chronograph LE. It's nicer looking than either of my two Tags were or my Movado....and in my book...the fit, finish and overall composition of the watch is nearly perfect. The watch fits me like it was custom made for my arm, and you can't often say that about many watches. I enjoy wearing each of my watches...but there is something special to me about my Madman.

#16 · (Edited)
imported post

Currently the one that I'm happiest with.

The new Hamilton.

But, really, I like all my stuff. The more expensive and the cheapies.

They all have some kind of story that endears them to me.

#18 ·
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Would you consider the new Hammy your best purchase?

toecutter wrote:
Currently the one that I'm happiest with.

The new Hamilton.

But, really, I like all my stuff. The more expensive and the cheapies.

They all have some kind of story that endears them to me.
Yeah, I'd have to say so.

All the way around. Like the color, style, maker and got a good price.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.