Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Well I have seen many Oris watches for sale at Tourneau. Beat deals have recently been on one of the Deal of the Day sites that has had them on a few times in the past weeks.

The larger models (including the ones I like, lol) are typically not put on sale anywhere.

I will start looking around for you CJ when I am doing my daily deals posting and see what I can find.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I guess it depend on if you want to buy it thru an AD or if you're willing to go thru the gray market. If you're willing to go thru the gray market, try authenticwatches.com. That's where I'm gonna get my Breitling and I have been told by some VERY reliable people that it's a very reputable site to get a watch!

http://www.authenticwatches.com/oris.html

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
I guess it depend on if you want to buy it thru an AD or if you're willing to go thru the gray market. If you're willing to go thru the gray market, try authenticwatches.com. That's where I'm gonna get my Breitling and I have been told by some VERY reliable people that it's a very reputable site to get a watch!

http://www.authenticwatches.com/oris.html
I just checked this site and the Oris I want is this one - http://www.authenticwatches.com/oris-tt1-64376098454mb.html

The price on that site is slightly lower then the exact same watch I saw at Tourneau this past weekend at King of Prussia mall when at the GGT.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I love the looks of that Oris James! The size is right and I love the orange hand and indicies. I have been told that authenticwatches.com is owned by Lior of Swiss Watch International. You know, the guy that sells Swiss Legens and Jacques Lemans at SNBC and his own site. Lior is huge into customer service so that's why I have no problem going with them to get my Breitling.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Wow!! Great sites fellas, definitely more that I could find last night on the topic. Now I need to decide what I really like, dive model, size (because I think I'm ok with the 44mm), etc. I am wearing my Tera Special (Invicta all Lume Diver) and it's 44.5 and I really dig the size. Don't get me wrong, love my larger watches but I do tend to where them less in everyday situations due to the size (SANIII, SAS, GD, OG).........lot's to consider.
Of course this will mean a watch liquidation to some degree on my part..........
Thanks again guys!

CJ

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

You can try this site...They are AD of Oris and sometimes give some great prices...Not sure if they are better then anyone else but its all about Oris...Click the link below...

Friends of Oris

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

CJ, Tourneau takes trades, at least the one that I went to a couple of months ago to check out the Oris Pro Diver. You're going to pay full retail there, but that's a nice little nugget to have if you decide to purchase from them. I think that when I finally go to get the Oris, I'll get it from a B&M.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Seattle, I have looked at the 44mm and 47mm Oris watches side by side, and the 47mm in more impressive in my opinion. with the unique shape of the case and dial layout, I found the 47mm version just more impressive (between 2 very impressive watches)

I think it would be valuable for you to go see the 2 different sizes next to each other and in person before making your decision. I did exactly that last week at Tourneau.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Your very welcome...That site is where i learned all about oris...Enjoy let us know what you decide to purchase. You cant beat the price for the quality you get in an Oris.

Seattle wrote:
Thanks JP!!
Love this one..........

Jackprime1 wrote:
You can try this site...They are AD of Oris and sometimes give some great prices...Not sure if they are better then anyone else but its all about Oris...Click the link below...

Friends of Oris

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I agree. I bought both of my Oris TT1 watches (one on bracelet and one on rubber strap), preowned. I got a great deal on each!

andrema wrote:
Do youself a favor and get a preowned. A great deal can be had if you take the time and do your homework.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

where do you find pre-owned?? E-bay? other forums??

CurrentTime wrote:
I agree. I bought both of my Oris TT1 watches (one on bracelet and one on rubber strap), preowned. I got a great deal on each!

andrema wrote:
Do youself a favor and get a preowned. A great deal can be had if you take the time and do your homework.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

George you can try WUS....always great deals there...

WATCHURSELF wrote:

CurrentTime wrote:

andrema wrote:

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Thanks Brother - i gotta thin the herd some before i do that but i'll be on the hunt next year for sure!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:

CurrentTime wrote:

andrema wrote:
other forums.......and ebay.....lol.....just have to be careful when purchasing the high end stuff, to make sure you dont get ripped off, but there are reputable sellers out there............theres also if you do a search for preowned luxury watches, a bunch of sites that come up........again, got to do your homework............watchuseek is pretty good , alot of good preowned watches to be had........but again, do your homework , talk with the person, get the serial numbers, where they bought them, call the store they bought it at to verify.........etc...........

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Yeah I agree with you Don...Just be careful who you deal with and do your home work...If you still feel un easy always can use that escrow.com thingy....

attoo chef wrote:
WATCHURSELF wrote:

CurrentTime wrote:

andrema wrote:
other forums.......and ebay.....lol.....just have to be careful when purchasing the high end stuff, to make sure you dont get ripped off, but there are reputable sellers out there............theres also if you do a search for preowned luxury watches, a bunch of sites that come up........again, got to do your homework............watchuseek is pretty good , alot of good preowned watches to be had........but again, do your homework , talk with the person, get the serial numbers, where they bought them, call the store they bought it at to verify.........etc...........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts