Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/03/news/bernie-madoff-watch-auction/

Thanks to the U.S. Marshals Service, you could own Bernie Madoff's Patek Philippe.

The Marshals are auctioning six pieces of jewelry that belonged to the Ponzi scheme mastermind and his wife Ruth: a diamond tennis bracelet, gold money clip, antique necklace and brooch, and two Patek Philippe watches.
As of early Wednesday morning, the luxury trinket with the top price was the tennis bracelet -- with a leading bid of $22,655.

The money clip had far more bids -- 22 -- but a comparatively cheap top offer of $760.

Madoff was arrested in December 2008 for bilking thousands of investors out of billions of dollars. He pleaded guilty three months later to charges of fraud, and was sentenced to 150 years in federal prison.

Auction proceeds will be made available to the court for restitution to Madoff's victims. The auction will run through Feb. 16, and is available at Gaston and Sheehan Auctioneers.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Spaceview:
Did you see HBO is releasing the film "Maddoff" soon?
Stars Rich Dreyfus as Bernie. Should be a good film.
"Thou shalt not steal"
Film tag? "All you thot you knew, but didn't". Really?

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It's about time.
Why are his assests still being sold. Should have been done by now.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Opinion:
I won't buy a watch or anything previously owned by a documented criminal
Same if sold by a criminal ( fakes )
Pawn shops with no history... well its stolen unless proven otherwise to me

To be honest, a few I did buy on forums , almost new but no box etc Yo have seen them... still in plastic wrap ( yeah right ) ... I sold as well. I feel I should be aware of the watch history

That being said, Bernie was shaking down people who were unhinged from reality

Similar to the BIG SHORT movie. We are asked to believe no one noticed the fraud going down...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts