Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So about a month ago I made a trade for a SAN III LE GMT in two tone (black IP and sivlertone) and ya know I really loved it, it was gorgeous,really popped, but for some reason it just didn't sing to me and I don't know why. And also the band was kind of sharp and dug into my wrist really bad, I couldn't wear the watch for more than a few hours without it really bothering me. So I sat on it, and looked high and low for something that caught my eye and also somehthing I could wear all the time anywhere on any occation, and I ran across Bernhardt Watch Co. and WHOA! I saw this classic dive watch in GMT that had a blue dial that just popped and a orange and blut bezel that was so unique that I had to have one. But this time I wasn't just going to rush into things and buy or trade to get one, I was going to research this one a little, so I did. Everything I read about this company and their products was nothing but great things and all the people that had gotten one of their watches were beyond happy so I contacted the owner of the company (Fred Amos) and said this is what I have to offer (My SAN III GMT) and he said he would make a even trade with me! Now I know all of you are expecting pics but it won't be here til Monday or Tuesday but I will put up a couple that I grabbed off a few others. So as soon as I get this beautiful piece you know I will post some awesome pics of it for all to see.

Thanks for reading my crazy story, you guys are the only ones who understand my sickness...

Cody

So here are some spec's on it.

Crystal: Sapphire

Movement: modified Swiss ETA 2836

Case: 42mm 316L

Bracelet: Solid screwed links, and solid end links

Also Limited Edition 500 pieces

Let me know what you think!!!

Thanks,

Cody

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

cody, awesome watch..........i love it. im a dive watch nut to begin with, but i like the color combo and the layout of the dial and the chunky bracelet on it.......

i lov how the owner of the company did a trade deal with you, that is the first time i heard of that before.

very cool, congrats on getting a new watch and something that sings to you

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

very nice looking watch

Did I read correctly that you saying that you traded with the owner of the watch company?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yeah, I saw that he is a sponsor of another watch forum, and he advertises his watches on there, so I emailed him and asked if he would take a trade for a new watch and he replied and asked what I had. He said he would take it straight across, and that he wanted to study my watch!! He sent it out to me that day and here I am waiting like a kid on Christmas eve!!! So excited...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

That is a great looking watch. I actually looked into getting this model but they were sold out for the longest time. I can't believe that he took a trade for a new watch! I've never heard of anything like that before. Can't wait to see the pics. I'm sure you'll be happy with it!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Iceman1974 wrote:
Yeah, I saw that he is a sponsor of another watch forum, and he advertises his watches on there, so I emailed him and asked if he would take a trade for a new watch and he replied and asked what I had. He said he would take it straight across, and that he wanted to study my watch!! He sent it out to me that day and here I am waiting like a kid on Christmas eve!!! So excited...
That is about the best story I have heard in the past week. The fact that many of the actual watch owners are actually reachable is fantastic to hear. Make sure to post pictures when it arrives!

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

super nice watch. it actually looks larger in those pictures then the 42mm it is listed at. that is the only thing that might hold me back from purchasing - the smaller case size. either way i love the look of the watch. probably going to glow strong with the big lum features.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts