Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bentley SUV offers optional $170,000 clock

The recently-unveiled Bentley Bentayga SUV is now the first word in luxurious, high-riding motoring. More than that, it is also now the first word in opulent optional extras, as it offers a Breitling clock in the dash that alone costs $170,000.

The timepiece in question is no Casio. It's called the Mulliner Tourbillon, and its 28mm case is machined from 18 carat gold — either rose or white. Beneath that lies a dial — in either natural, black ebony, or pearl — that has been adorned with 12 diamonds.......

Read full Story at link --> http://mashable.com/2015/09/18/bentley-bentayga-clock/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#jCMdqx0VwkkZ

·
Super Moderator
13,250 Posts
Pretty incredible James !!! :smileyface_hand_cla :eek: Always like taking a look at the clocks that are in cars, trucks, and SUV's. :thumb: ..Imagine this one?!

Definitely takes the cake for coolest clock in a car ! Really is neat James. Thanks so much for the news about it !

·
Registered
489 Posts
wow thats nice is that the clock alone thats worth $170,000?
Yup. Clock alone.

I think the reasoning is, if you can afford a Bentley SUV, certainly you can afford a 170K clock in it to make it more special/unique. :D

·
6,202 Posts
I find it a hideous car, Bentley unworthy. But there must be a market for it so kudos to those who ordered one.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,816 Posts
The car looks like a Chrysler SUV, and a mechanical clock in the car?? You have to ride over some pot holes to keep it wound?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Sure it is ridiculous, and yes it is more money then most people will spend on ALL of their cars in their entire lifetime, but you know what - I think it is cool.

Yes I think it is a dumb amount of money to pay for a car OR a clock, but again, if you have that type of money it is absolutely different and unique.

Good question above. I have NO IDEA how it stays wound unless their is a winder in the dash somehow??

·
11,970 Posts
Clock is cool, but vehicle is just downright fugly at any price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Watchwearer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts