Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Wound for Life has a great look at some Summertime Bauhaus style German watches today. Three different watches are looked at. One from Stowa called the Antea B2B which comes with different dial colors like the brown below. Along with different case sizes like a smaller 36.5mm, as well as nice ETA 2824-2 movement. Next up is the Nomos Minimatik with it's 35.5mm size, and colorful dial accents. The watch has an in-house DUW 3001 automatic too. ..Third comes the Max Bill Automatic from Junghans that has vintage tinted numbers that are luminous, a 38mm case, the ETA 2824-2 automatic just to name some of the details.

A few pics...

Wound for Life everyone...

http://www.woundforlife.com/2015/05/27/summertime-bauhaus-battle/

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I'd be proud of any of those. The Max Bill certainly differs in detail, but overall looks to have greatly inspired the 3rd generation Orient Bambino.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
The Junghans is my clear winner. Very, very clean dial. Beautiful watch.

Reactions: Myke

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
The dial color on the Stowa makes it my Fav

Reactions: scotty and cabfrank

·
Registered
414 Posts
Great link Tom....
Hard choices to make, all 3 superbly done... the Stowa is indeed different for all the right reasons.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nomos would be my choice, but being that I already own two, I might be a little biased.

The Stowa is very interesting, I like the three hander with date.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
spinning old thread here...

how come 36.5 & 38 silly millies looks right ?

skirts go up skirts go down-

BAUHAUS MINIMALISM goes PETER MAX ( some pop style added as spice to the original austerity )

these are clean & pure designs with new life breathed in-

i like them all-

german is the sweet spot of watch value IMHO ...for PURE DESIGN and sweet tail wind of currency arbitrage dollar/euro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts