Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello WF...long time no post.

I recently listed my Bathys 100 Fathoms for sale and was alerted that the watch had a Benthic dial inside a Fathoms housing. I'm guessing it must've happened when I sent the watch back for repairs in 2014 because I purchased it new from Bathys and I don't think they would've made that mistake on a new watch.

This watch is garnering a lot of interest, more than the other watches I've also listed. Is that because this mistake makes it an oddity?

I've contacted Bathys about getting it fixed, but they're out until 6/28 and things tend to move a little slower in Hawaii anyway. Who knows when I'll hear from John.

Is this watch more valuable as is or is it just a coincidence that I've received multiple offers for it and it's no more valuable than a regular 100 fathoms?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
The brand as a whole isn't that valuable. (Nothing wrong with Bathys, I like them a lot. But just a small time micro.
I wouldn't think it's more valuable, maybe that some find it neat is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
People like oddities, and the fact that that is not a mod, but actually how Bathys made it does probably make it more desirable (desirable and valuable, while they may intersect, are not the same thing).

I personally would leave it the way it is.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
More valuable would be in the eye of the beholder, so to speak. Different, yes. Heck, if you can get more for it that way, why not

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
If it were me, and I wasn't attached to the watch, and I could sell it for more than I'd paid for it, I'd flip it.

Bathys is great, but I seriously doubt that they'll grow in value in the eyes of future collectors.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback guys.

It just seemed odd that I'd receive 5 offers in less than 24 hours and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys.

It just seemed odd that I'd receive 5 offers in less than 24 hours and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

When you say offers, you mean you got 5 offers above your listed sale price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just received a lowball offer, but of the first 5, 4 are willing to pay asking. Not something you usually see. And compared to recent sales of 100 Fathoms auto, I don't think I've priced it low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts