Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Legitimate Bargain at Jomashop.....

I've had one eye on the Maurice Lacroix MP6807 for some time because it checks off a few of my current needs:

• Larger size and easy to read - at 40mm it's not considered large per se, but there's no external bezel, so the dial is quite large.
  • Intricate dial with good details and contrast - the silver metal dial is textured (guilloche) in the center ring, polished on the outer ring, with applied gold-tone roman numbers. Combined with gold-tone hands it provide enough contrast to be easily readable but without being brash or loud, and I like the understated style in my collection.
  • Power Reserve Indicator - Not everyone is a fan (for some odd reason) but most mechanical watches keep better time when closer to a full wind, and the reserve indicator also helps insure your winder (if you use one) is set to the appropriate turns-per-day so I very much like this complication.
  • SS Deployment Bracelet - I try to balance my collection between leather and bracelets, and this is just what I was looking for right now. A really nice part of this bracelet is that two of the 5 rows in the pattern have beveled edges that catch the light nicely and dresses up the look just a bit.
  • Exhibition Case-back - Just a personal preference, I like to see the rotor is freely spinning and like to actually see the movement when possible... not a requirement but a plus.

List price is largely irrelevant with ML but Overstock was selling it for $2,499, World of Watches for $2,976 and Prestige Time offered it on "Sale" for $2,350 so when I noticed it on JomaShop a while back closer to $1,500 I started to pay some attention.

It recently dropped to $999 with free shipping and no tax (at least for most destinations) and I finally pulled the trigger. That's less than even any offered on eBay or Chrono24!

It arrived quickly seems to be a solid watch, and my Lepsi Scope clocked it at +5.6s per day with an amplitude of 244 with the crown at 3 o'clock so it's a deal worth sharing!
https://www.jomashop.com/maurice-lac...ss002-111.html

If you search on just the model number MP6807 you'll find a few other variations, including the leather strap, blue hands or black dial, but the one I linked above is by far the best deal.

Photos of mine so you know what you're getting:

Attachments

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,626 Posts
I like it, like it a lot!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm enjoying it very much. My eyesight isn't what it used to be and the large dial and contrast is exceptionally easy to read at a quick glance.

There's a few other variations available for less as well, if you don't want the Power Reserve indicator you can save another $105.

Maurice Lacroix seems to be coming under a great deal of pricing pressure and is not a "must have" brand right now, so that's ideal for me as that makes them a bargain.

Also, this is based on an ETA movement, so it should be quite serviceable for years to come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts