Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

the last couple of days I've noticed a banner add for replica/fake watches for a company out of China appear at the top of the opening freeks page. I know the site probably can't control the adds that appear, but it would seem to fly in the face of the freeks rules:

We do not endorse replica watchesin any way. Discussions aboutreplica watches are not allowed on Watch Freeks. In addition nolinks or pictures pertaining to replica watches areallowedon Watch Freeks in threads or posts.

Just an observation, not trying to be difficult. Not sure if you are seeing the same Adds as me.

Dingbat.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

DingBat wrote:
the last couple of days I've noticed a banner add for replica/fake watches for a company out of China appear at the top of the opening freeks page. I know the site probably can't control the adds that appear, but it would seem to fly in the face of the freeks rules:

We do not endorse replica watchesin any way. Discussions aboutreplica watches are not allowed on Watch Freeks. In addition nolinks or pictures pertaining to replica watches areallowedon Watch Freeks in threads or posts.

Just an observation, not trying to be difficult. Not sure if you are seeing the same Adds as me.

Dingbat.
Yep the ad appears in the upper right hand corner---I been wondering this myself.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

its a paid ad for space on the page -we DONT endorse it -but unfortunately the ad is paid for so i dont know if its just that one company cause i've seen it change for various different ad companies from watches to other ad types

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

It has also been on the first page of new post at the bottom. It has been coming and going for the last 4 months.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

guys, I am out but quickly replying to this thread on my phone. the ads at the top and bottom of the page are Google ads. they show up based on the content on a website page. I do not control what is shown there. BUT I can block certain advertisers. I block the replica sites every week and they just sneak back in with different domain names. and then I block again, and again, and again. I will block the new ones again later tonight. it is a constant battle!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
It's kind of like getting telephone calls from solicitors. No matter what you do they always find a way to call back Ha Ha LOL!!!
Ain't that the truth! Keep fighting the good fight!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Just got home. I am going to block them all again tonight. I am sure in a few days they will be back with new domain names.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.