Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

http://www.i4u.com/article30382.html

GoDaddy just announced that one of their Super Bowl commercials got banned. The thirty-second commercial is narrated by Go Daddy Girl Danica Patrick and features a character named "Lola," who launches a new career as a fashion designer with an online store.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/68WTMYxoSck&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Great commercial - yet another example of the out of control overly PC world we live it. Totally stupid that this commercial would get banned. Sad actually.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

It's amazing these days what's PC and what's not....there is no consistency. I think that we are overly sensitive as a society and evermore critical of our inherent and natural desire for freedom (speech, thought, etc.).:eek::eek:

CJ

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

Can't see why they banned this one after the one I saw the other night.

Godaddy has a history of good commercials. Just like their web-hosting services.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Lola's commercial rock's..that is too funny. Uhhhhh...what's so un-PC about it...that a big ex-football player could like designing ladies longerie???? Dang...If I had the skills I would!!!!! Or are they assuming that the guy is a big, gay ex-football player????

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
Lola's commercial rock's..that is too funny. Uhhhhh...what's so un-PC about it...that a big ex-football player could like designing ladies longerie???? Dang...If I had the skills I would!!!!! Or are they assuming that the guy is a big, gay ex-football player????
This is the statement for the i4u web site where the original story came from.

It is not entirely clear why CBS banned this GoDaddy Super Bowl commercial. The ad has a little sleazy touch as former football player Lola is now in the lingerie design business.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

All the smut we have to see and listen to on the television and they decieded to ban this Go Daddy Comercial! I wish they would point out what is objectional about this comercial. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

Every year a GO DADDY SuperBowl commercial is atleast partially banned. It's part of their marketing strategy to get you to go to their website.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2010/01/gay-kiss-super-bowl-ad-tim-tebow-mancrunch/1

Dudes don't kiss dudes on CBS: Super Bowl network rejects gay ad

Score one for Focus on the Family in the Social Values Super Bowl -- the advocacy advertising contest that will fill the airwaves between scattered moments of NFL football February 7. CBS has rebuffed the publicity-seeking entry from a new gay dating service, Mancrunch. The company had pounced on a chance to present their ad when they heard time was still for sale for the big game.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.