Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a picking up a new to me piece. I am thinking either a Ball, something in the Hydrocarbon family or a Perrelet Seacraft. Both are divers but very different looks. Does anybody here own either brand/model that can give me a little advice?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Reflex! I have read some of the Ball posts but I have not seen that Perellet thread. I am still hoping to find somebody with personal experience that can talk to fit and finish points.

·
Super Moderator
9,882 Posts
You know it's funny, or strange how we never really see Perrelets
much, if at all DPM. :eek: They always look so impressive, and actually
separate themselves from the pack style wise.

In that way, they seem similar to Ball.

Holy cow, what a tough decision ! :eek:

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Hmmm?:without::pictures::pictures:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I owned a Perrelet Seacraft about six or seven years ago. It's a great watch unless you flip it. Resale value is horrible. It's not well known and has no demand.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I owned a Perrelet Seacraft about six or seven years ago. It's a great watch unless you flip it. Resale value is horrible. It's not well known and has no demand.

How did you like it? As you mentioned its not a well known brand and I can't find a dealer to try one on.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
How did you like it? As you mentioned its not a well known brand and I can't find a dealer to try one on.
It's a lovely watch. I can't fault the fit and finish. Don't think there are any ADs in North America. I've only seen them sold through grey market dealers.

Reactions: DPM

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ball was a brand I was unfamiliar with till my PA mentioned one in conversation that her friend had bought.

After looking into them I fell for a white dialed Engineer Hydrocarbon GMT that I picked up about a month back.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Man there's a tough decision. :confused3: They are both beautiful watches.
DPM, seeing that this thread is over four months old. Did you eventually come to a decision ???
Really nice piece there Syd. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts