Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Cool watch but Tiny! It actually suprizes me people still wear a watch this small!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

very cool technology. I do agree that it is a little small sized, but still pretty sweet.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I'm guessing it wears larger than the modest size would lead one to believe. My 42mm Mad Cow does. I'm personally just not a flashy guy, so 40-44mm dive/tool style watches don't bother me a bit.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

What a sweet looking watch! The lume on that is just "sick"! Do you know which movement they use for this?

This is the quandary that I have . . . I'm used to the larger watches >45mm, but a timepiece like the Ball could get me "downsized", real quick. I've lost almost 75 pounds over the summer (267-195 . . . the joys of cancer), I've taken at least a link out of all my watches. My 50mm watches look huge on me (but I love them). However, something <45mm may actually look good on me.

Brands like Ball, Omega, and Rolex tend to wear a bit larger than say an Oris TT1 which is technically 44mm, but tapers up to the bezel and comes out to around 40.5-41mm.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

If I had to guess, it's probably the same movement as the "Mad Cow", which would be Ball's retooled version of the ETA 2836-2, 25 jewels.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Very cool, and very nice. I still wear a lot of my 40-45mm watches....the wife prefers that I don't wear my ....as she calls them...dinner plate sized watches...when we go out together. I can say this...she loves the Lupah TT Diver I got in the first Freeky Watch Giveaway!!! She says it very classy and looks a lot nicer than her bosses Rolex. In her bosses defense....his Rolex is a 1970's vintage Rolex that has seen better days. I have asked him why he doesn't get it refurbished....but he doesn't see the need to...says he mows the yard wearing it.

Oh well....I like the Chronograph version...but at $3600...uh...maybe the shop will get them...ummm...no..not happening anytime soon.....okay...maybe I'll tell the bank I getting a good used car and can pay it off over 3 years???? Hummm.... maybe that will work????

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Boosted wrote:
Wrist shot...
That certainly doesn't look like a 41mm on your wrist in those shots!

I LOVE all that Tritium!

I can't wait to see what Invicta is doing with the new Grand Divers.

I sure hope they don't have a questionable Japan movement,

I am hoping for a real Miyota or better yet a Swiss automatic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts