Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200432078255&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1123

[align=justify] From my personal collection...
This is the cream of the crop! A Ball Cleveland Express Official Standard Certified Swiss Chronometer from 2007 in near mint condition overall with only minor signs of use. What a watch! It's really hard to part with this beauty. The photos barely do it justice, and what's inside is the best part of all. Starting with the crystal, it is anti-glare sapphire mineral glass. The dial is a soft satin silver with incredible raised numerals that are a beautiful blue and pure pleasure to look at. On the outer index are 12 Tritium micro gas-filled tubes that glow brightly even in the dimness of twilight. The hour and minute hands also feature Tritium tubes, as does the delicate second hand. The date is seen at 3:00 and the day of the week is between 4:00 and 5:00. All of this is encased in a beautiful, big stainless steel case with an exhibition back that measures 41mm without the screw-down signed crown. The case measures 49mm lug-to-lug and is 12.5mm thick. The movement is an ETA 2836-2 COSC 25-Jewel certified chronometer. And what makes a Ball watch like the Cleveland Express really extraordinary is the 5000g shock resistance that will increase its longevity even under extreme conditions. It is water-resistant to 50 meters.
Add to this incredible watch one of the finest handmade calfskin leather straps from Germany: the Di-Modell Montana. It is unlike any other strap you can purchase at any price and complements the Ball Cleveland Express perfectly. It will accommodate wrists up to 8-1/4" and is water resistant and anti-allergenic. It comes in its original presentation box with instruction manual and original warranty card, although the warranty is expired. Due to the high insurance value and additional weight of the box and manual, shipping is higher for this item. Combined shipping is always based first on the higher priced shipping. Please contact me for combined shipping with other high value heavy items.
This watch is auto-wind and does not need to be wound daily if you wear it everyday. If you allow it to run down wind it a few (10-12) gentle turns after setting. Always set the watch's time by winding forward (clockwise) and never backward.

[/align] [align=center]
BALL CLEVELAND EXPRESS OFFICIAL STANDARD CERTIFIED CHRONOMETER
Model: NM1058D-LCJ-SL
MSRP: $2199.00
Functions: Hour, Minute, Sweep Second, Day, Date
Case: Stainless Steel with Sapphire Crystal Case Back
Diameter: 41mm Height: 12.5mm
Bezel: Fixed
Crystal: Sapphire
Crown: Screwed-In
3H Gas Light: 15 Micro Gas Tubes on Hour, Minute, Second Hands and Dial for Night Reading Capability
Movement: ETA 2836-2 COSC
Strap: Di-Modell Montana Hand Made Calfskin Leather
Water Resistant: 50m
Shock Resistant: 5000Gs
Temperature Resistant
Magnetic Resistant
Dial: Satin Silver[/align][align=justify]
[/align][align=center]

[/align]

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
3 more days on that auction and i think it will go MUCH higher, lol
It is a really, really nice watch......

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
So, are you "going for it"?
Sadly, NO. I am holding out for a Night Train (see below) or a Hydrocarbon. Hopefully, later this year, it all depends on the $$$ situation.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

ericf4 wrote:
i love it!!! The night train on the other hand is a KILLER watch!!!!
I agree and that is why I'm trying to hold out for the Night Train....

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Isnt the Watch in question a COSC?? and the night train does not state COSC??

as for looks - i prefer the white dial - i dont like black case watches -

as for looks -i still prefer the cleveland

as for movement - i think the COSC would be more valuable to me

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

ericf4 wrote:
you should also check out the new Hydrcarbon Spacemaster extra glow.....That things lume it off the charts
Eric;

Yes, the Hydrocarbon is a my first choice but it is also much more expensive. Realistically I have a better shot at getting a Night Train...

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

They are both outstanding looking. its too bad the hour and minute hands on the Clevland are not also blue it would be easier to read in daylight. the Night Train seems to have better lume.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.