Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else have a moment die?
to be fair I did not know a lot about movements before the purchase but the Baiji was a great looking watch, I loved it.
Seagull movement though.
Now I guess I know better.

PS Not my image, but what's a post without an image

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Not exactly the best first post, a partial complaint. However, if you had a problem with a watch did you contact the manufacturer? Prometheus customer service is very good. Did you give them a chance to resolve your problem before blasting them on the forum? Did you buy the watch new? Did you buy the watch from a reputable dealer? So many questions and so little answers. In all fairness, if you have a story to tell then you need to tell it as fairly and as completely as possible. Things happen even with the best watches on the planet. How the company responds to those issues are just as critical.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
How old was your watch to before it died? Was it ever serviced? Or did your watch die like a a few months after the warranty or something?

I myself am curious to hear your full story and how Promethus dealt with the issue if they were contacted.

Also, I never thought the Seagull movement was that bad.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
The ST 2130 is a copy of the ETA 2824-2. The parts are interchangeable. Heck you can swap out the ST for an ETA if you want.
If you described the problem, we may be able to help, unless you just came here to complain.

Reactions: MrCurt

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
The ST 2130 is a copy of the ETA 2824-2. The parts are interchangeable. Heck you can swap out the ST for an ETA if you want.
If you described the problem, we may be able to help, unless you just came here to complain.
Hey TK, ...or get three ST 2130's for the price of one ETA ! :p !

+1 to Spaceview. I'd be very surprised if Prometheus couldn't manage an acceptable solution.

All mechanical things fail at some point regardless of where they're machined, manufactured, or assembled. The quality control is up to Prometheus to make sure they can provide a reliable product to customers. If there really is a failed mov't. in your watch they need to know about it. It may be an indicator of a problem with the supplier. The OP must contact them to report the failure. That's just the sort of thing warranties or for.

Since the OP has not responded with anything further, me thinks it's just a unsolicited, uninformed bash on the brand.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Looks like the OP dropped a bomb and left building. No response since his original post, which was his one and only post. I would take this for what it appears to be. Not much of anything at this point.

Reactions: ganson
1 - 6 of 6 Posts