Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the time when the nearly $500 price tag on this model would come down to earth. World of Watches had a great price last week along with several discounts, and here it is.

I changed the Monster style bracelet immediately to an Obris Morgan rubber but after a few days, I went back to the OEM bracelet and I like that better.
It is a very nice watch but not smaller than my regular Tuna. I don't know why it is called a BABY Tuna?

·
Banned
754 Posts
I love this piece. The SUMMER20 code on WOW.com really is making it difficult to resist. Been wanting one for a while and keep hoping the price goes down a little more. If you didn't use the code, they have good CS and would honor it, I'm sure.

Big congrats !

This isn't the Baby Tuna, the Seiko heads are calling it the Sardine. I don't know why.

Could you share a side by side with your regular Tuna? Is it really 47.5mm or 46 or 44? I find contradicting info on sites. The Baby Tunas are 44mm. I had the SRP227 with yobokies shroud and miss it but I couldn't pass up on that trade.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
My choice would be the bracelet too, I also think it would look great on a custom leather. Superb piece.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
11,575 Posts
Nice looking Seiko. Love the way the shroud turns a monster into a MONSTER

Reactions: chase

·
Super Moderator
12,832 Posts
Oh cool Rusty ! :cool: Yeah, these are so nice with that combination Tuna, and Monster feel to them. You get the best of both watches in one. Think it is great !!! Looks so aggressive, and just plain mean. Plus the bracelet, and strap manage to change the personality in different sporty directions also. Very nice Rusty ! Congratulations to you here ! :eek:

·
Long Time Member
936 Posts
Cool choice! Can't go wrong with this piece!
Enjoy!

·
Banned
754 Posts
Went to pull trigger on it and they're sold out on WOW. They got them in many other places but for $30 more. I want to pay $250-270. Bummer. Your pics and my friend's high opinion of it made me crave it even more. Had it on my cart for too long.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Love it!

What's the model number?
Srp637

There are other color variants too.

I have a sbbn015 Tuna and still want one of these. Seiko is a sickness that can't be cured. It's the perfect monster IMO. I passed my gen1 monster onto my son last month to make room for this one. I don't have to justify it to myself anymore

Congrats. Great pickup. I want one myself. I even saw the price on WOW....but was on vacation and was too busy to pull the trigger. WOW has sold out now. Guess I will have to wait for another deal to come by. I'm sure prices will continue to drop as this model is readily available in the US by major retailers including Macy's. Seems to be a ton of inventory floating around too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts