Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just took delivery of my "baby grail". I've admired the X-Wind Auto for some time, and finally found the right deal and pulled the trigger. The only BAD part is it's my birthday present (which is at the end of September), so I've agreed to let my wife take possession and wrap it up until then. It will be a LONG month. ;) One VERY quick pic, before it goes into hiding...(I'll take some real pics and update once it's on my wrist)

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
Maybe your wife can put the watch in a place you can visit until it is yours on your birthday.

Enjoy the new Hammy!

Reactions: MRF2014

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Happy Birthday ahead of time MRF ! :smile-thumb2:That is one incredible grail watch, along with Birthday present. Just looking at it for a quick second must have been really difficult, but it will all be worth it later next month. Hamilton really did such a great job on the X-Winds. Love the subtle eye-catching ideas they use with the sub-dials, and chapter ring. The entire watch rocks to tell the truth ! Big congrats, and Happy Birthday !!! :)

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Great great watch. One of my all time favorite watches from any brand.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! It will indeed be one heck of a wait- but I will try and keep busy, so as not to think about the awesomeness that awaits the end of September. :cool: (truth be told, if I pressed I could certainly have it early, but I want her to have something to give me, so I'll stay strong!)

·
Registered
453 Posts
You are gonna get caught at 3 am fondling it!! And the watch too...lmao

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Man, Hammys are the bomb!

Enjoy it....when you get to keep it!

·
Registered
Grand Seiko Heritage White, Victorinox Inoc, Casio
457 Posts
Man, Hammys are the bomb!

Enjoy it....when you get to keep it!
I'd put 8 by 10 pictures of the Hammy throughout your house, especially in places your wife goes too … ideas are on the Frig, on the inside of the front door, in the silver ware drawer, on a few cereal boxes, on the wall in your bedroom and any other place you can think of that she may see the pictures too… If she asks why the pictures just say this way we can enjoy the watch together for the next month … see if your month long embargo gets lifted…

Best of luck,

WW

1 - 20 of 32 Posts